If a Man Answers Reviews

• Jul 19, 2020

Not great but fun enough.

Not great but fun enough.

• Sep 12, 2014

Almost sickeningly adorable, but charming enough to ALMOST cut through the toothache.

• Jan 09, 2014

My first introduction to romantic classics. A personal 'never forget.'

My first introduction to romantic classics. A personal 'never forget.'

• Nov 15, 2013

"If a Man Answers" is a classic story with witty dialogue and lots of humor... but the story is much better suited for the stage as this movie does not do it justice. The acting is fine and the script is great, but the addition of fog horn sound effects, narration over unnecessary cartoon depictions, and other annoying elements kill the comedy. This film screams "overly-cheesy 1960's comedy" and, in spite of great performances by Sandra Dee and Bobby Darin, it is tough to enjoy the story at times. The twists (particularly the book and the arrival of Robert Swan) are deliciously clever and, while the story does not go where you expect, it finds the perfect ending. For a comedy, the characters are rather deep and the situations really strike a chord with relationship conflicts that we have all faced. I believe that it is easy to enjoy this story because we can all relate to it in one way or another. I absolutely recommend seeing "If a Man Answers"... on stage rather than on the screen.

• Feb 06, 2013

Gorgeous movie that is visually a joy to watch. Vibrant colours, performances and screenplay make this an extremely fun , quirky and original movie that is a must see for fans of either Sandra Dee, Bobby Darin or those who enjoy the classics of romantic comedy.

• Oct 08, 2012

flawed, but so much fun to watch.

flawed, but so much fun to watch.

• Jul 22, 2012

Amusing, but I've never been a huge fan of Sandra Dee. The situation is pretty interesting, but the film does seem to drag at points.

• Jul 21, 2011

a very fun movie to watch.

a very fun movie to watch.

• Jul 05, 2011

Cute movie. Great fashion!

Cute movie. Great fashion!

• Jun 23, 2011

Harmless fluff, and good fun, if you remember it's from the sixties and don't try to judge it by today's social standards. Micheline Presle is particularly wonderful as Sandra Dee's French mother.