I'm Not Rappaport Reviews

• May 01, 2015

Gardner did the impossible....make us sick of listening to two wonderful actors.100% the director/writers fault.

• Feb 19, 2014

This is a hilarious, invigorating movie. Herb Gardner's script is great, so far beyond the crap that is pumped out these days. Sorry the supposed critic "Fred Topel" thought this was "depressing." I didn't know a critic's rating of a movie was supposed to be based on whether a movie made him feel warm and cuddly inside.

• Jan 25, 2013

Thought it was a great movie.

Thought it was a great movie.

• Mar 17, 2011

This felt like it was based on a play...one of the long, "meaningful" ones that are more about wandering around a character than telling a story. Those have never really appealed to me, and the narrative here isn't enough to keep the movie going. Walter Matthau is good, as he usually is, but every five minutes of this movie felt like an hour. Without the energy of live performance, there's nothing to keep this movie on its feet.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Feb 17, 2011

When I 1st saw I'm Not Rappaport, I wasn't too impressed but after seeing it again yesterday after all this time, It was better then what I remembered.Walter Matthau & Ossie Davis were great together

• Jul 03, 2010

I really enjoyed this. It was light and funny, but philosophical and questioning too. It doesn't have a lot of action, though, so don't look for that here.

• Apr 21, 2009

Excellent film with two legendary actors a the top of their game. Walter Matthau's con man communist is delightfully mischievous and Ossie Davis is wonderful as the tired old man all caught up in these adventures he doesn't want to be in. Many superb give and takes from these old masters. The Central Park setting is so fitting that it's practically a character. Great film!

• Jan 09, 2009

I loved this but it is impossible to find.

I loved this but it is impossible to find.

• Aug 26, 2008

good stuff well acted

good stuff well acted

• Aug 06, 2008

Really just a stageplay on film, but old communists make me laugh. See it, and then forget about it.