In Between Days Reviews

• Mar 29, 2019

This movie strips all the chatter and noise. What's left is a delicate and subtle mix of moments and feelings : Life.

• Apr 04, 2013

"In Between Days" tells a simple story, which is not to say that it's a simple film. A pleasant, subtle debut by Korean-American director So Yong Kim.

• Feb 26, 2011

I love a good small film, but I fucking hated In Between Days. The polar opposite of compelling.

• Feb 08, 2011

It was too slow and boring, even though I can understand why the pace was so slow... Still, I couldn't wait to get out of the cinema.

• Oct 27, 2010

Although set among the Korean diaspora in North America, In Between Days never resorts to cheap exploitation of the immigrants or their experience. Instead, director Kim So Yong relies solely on universal themes: teen angst and alienation, loneliness and the general emotional pain of growing up, and the drama presented is almost entirely internal. The movie is also a textbook example of the naturalistic, documentary-style of filmmaking, very close to the neo-cinema verite of Kore-eda Hirokazu and the new Iranian wave. The result is raw and naked, as Kim stays perfectly neutral to her subjects in front of the camera.

• Oct 20, 2010

Good intentions from the same director as TREELESS MOUNTAIN, but BORING, BORING, BORING. What a let down. First South Korean flick I have seen I didn't like.

• Aug 01, 2010

Look, it wasn't BAD in any real way...it just was incredibly dull. Very, very boring.

• Mar 14, 2010

Maybe I just dont have the eye for these kinda films but the ending was just...well, to me that wasnt an ending. I wanted to like it, I really did. I could appreciate the disjointed, quiet, slow-paced quality of the film but I cant say what this film accomplished.

• Mar 06, 2010

Unfolds slowly and takes patience to watch. Heartbreaking, but definitely worth seeing.

• Nov 02, 2009

incredibly natural acting and dialogue (the director and writers know their subject) but the ending just leaves one feeling unsatisfied ...and not in the good way that movies can sometimes do