Ip Man 3 Reviews

• Mar 15, 2019

From a technical standpoint, this film is GORGEOUS. From the intense fight scenes to the glossy visuals. Though not as fleshed out, cohesive, developed, or unabridged as the first two films, Ip Man 3 is still a very well realized film that explores the morals of family and friends, without being too preachy. In terms of emotion and feeling, it reminded me of Return of the Jedi. I donâ(TM)t know why.

• Feb 20, 2019

The final fight between IP man and Tin-Chi is arguably the highlight of the film, with certain elements of the plot being entirely unnecessary and draggy.

• Dec 20, 2018

Story is the weakest of the 3. Although action is the best of the 3. Mike Tyson brings nothing to this movie but unnecessary laughs. Final fight is incredible. 83%

• Oct 05, 2018

This was a sac one. Good film but there was no villain and I hated Mike Tyson on this. Though I wouldnt want him to punch me ...

• Jul 26, 2018

Got to say though the plot was quite uneven the fights were the best of the three films in my opinion, very entertaining and more than made up for what felt like three different films stitched together.

• Jun 17, 2018

the third is always a flop but wrong for this one its good but not as good as the first 2 in the series

• Apr 29, 2018

Although the fight scenes are as splendid as always (the final fight is particularly fun to watch), showcasing authentic-feeling martial arts with very little wirework, the story isn't quite as impressive. The whole thing is predictable and somewhat dull with the stakes being not nearly as high as they were in the previous instalments, but it's the disjointedness that really brings it down, as if they just decided to string together a few random plotlines with barely a connection between them simply because they needed a feature length film. Watch this one for the fight sequences and the surprisingly touching final act, but don't expect much in the way of an interesting or sensible story.

• Mar 19, 2018

D+. Disappointed Bruce Lee wasn't in this one much. Better than the last because it stuck to a more traditional concept, but still not very exciting compared to the first.

• Dec 24, 2017

The fight choreographies are as great as always - the one-against-all scenes being particularly fascinating - and the storyline is captivating but above all "Ip Man 3" connects on an emotional level through the dialogues and characters. It's the subtle but potent portrayal of their ethos and relationships that elevates this to a strong biopic that benefits from but is not restricted to the (exhilarating) action.

• Nov 09, 2017

I liked it, seeing different martial arts in one movie Couple different story lines, but not too distracting. The shooting of the fight scenes was really well done. Part of it were really campy but that was less annoying and more charming.