June Bride Reviews

• Jun 01, 2020

Charming and funny romantic comedy with the irrepressible Robert Montgomery.

Charming and funny romantic comedy with the irrepressible Robert Montgomery.

• Jul 07, 2013

Enjoyable enough, with a few really nice moments, and one very awkward spanking scene. Robert Montgomery is pretty damn underrated. He's great in this, especially in the first act.

• Jun 28, 2013

It's a battle of the sexes 50's style with the expected outcome but Bette Davis shows her light side ably supported by Fay Bainter and Mary Wickes. The whole cast actually are charming as is the film.

• Jan 14, 2012

Bette Davis' most heartwarming role in a hilarious tale of sophisticated New Yorkers descending upon some plain average folks in Indiana to do a scoop on a wedding. Robert Montgomery is charming. Enjoy scenes of the house and bride's mother being completely re-arranged. A delight for all ages.

• Melvin W Super Reviewer
    Jun 03, 2011

Boring and forgotten comedy from 1948 featuring Bette Davis. Never heard of it, but saw it on TMC and now I know why I have never heard of it. Bette Davis is the only thing worth seeing in the movie.

• Dec 15, 2007

Perhaps a bit dated these days, but still a fascinating look at the battle of the sexes and revealing that it takes strength to subvert one's own desires for the good of another

• Oct 13, 2007

• Jul 15, 2007

A lot of people don't like it, but I really enjoyed it.

A lot of people don't like it, but I really enjoyed it.

• Jun 12, 2007

Montgomery and Davis had good chemistry, but it belonged in a film a little heavier than this.

• Apr 13, 2007

Funny, cute old movie that takes place in Indiana - therefore I pretty much have to like it being a Hoosier myself! Robert Montgomery is funny and Bette Davis awesome as usual.