Jupiter's Darling Reviews

• May 13, 2015

worst musical I ever seen. lot of bad songs.

worst musical I ever seen. lot of bad songs.

• Jun 30, 2013

This was Esther Williams' final MGM film, a lavish musical adaptation of Robert E. Sherwood's Road to Rome with Howard Keel portraying a singing Hannibal and Esther teaching him to swim; Marge and Gower Champion dance with the elephants and sing about the joys of being a slave(!) in this colorfully weird movie.

• Jul 12, 2012

I love this movie. I use to watch it all the time growing up.

I love this movie. I use to watch it all the time growing up.

• Jun 05, 2012

"Is that why we came, to see the elephants?!" "The wind must be from the elephants quarters!" .. I adore the underwater ballet!!

• Mar 22, 2012

I remember this being extremely ridiculous but still a lot of fun.

I remember this being extremely ridiculous but still a lot of fun.

• May 20, 2011

The lyrics are horrible. There is not much to like about this film. The comedy falls flat along with the characters and storyline. There is but one number that is somewhat rememberable. It takes place underwater with dancing stone people (it gets creepy fast).

• Jun 15, 2010

Fantastic movie...now if they'd just re-release it on DVD!!!

Fantastic movie...now if they'd just re-release it on DVD!!!

• Jul 05, 2008

The movie itself is seriously flawed in several ways, but Esther and Howard light up the screen with terrific chemistry. It must have been tough to find a decent foil for such a big man with such screen presence but Esther is sure up to the task both physically and theatrically. A really great pairing. I wish their films together were more readily available, but, alas, they are terribly dated and people are more interested in short thrills than beautiful singing and acting (not to mention swimming and just plain physical beauty!)