Jurassic Park - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jurassic Park Reviews

Page 1 of 1934
February 13, 2019
One of the best movies in history, impeccable special effects, excellent characters, fascinating history. An authentic masterpiece that never went out of fashion!
February 12, 2019
While filled with cliches in terms of character and story, Jurassic Park is an essential sci-fi adventure film but true tension, and still breath taking special effects.
February 10, 2019
A Steven speilberg masterpiece with spectacular special effects, Really good score by john williams, Great looking dinosaurs, Awesome direction, and the way the movie is shot. One of my all time favorites.
January 25, 2019
I refuse to ever ride the Jurassic Park ride again but I will gladly watch this again.
½ January 19, 2019
I think it is almost mp. After the terminator 2 came out, People shocked again when this movie was released.
January 17, 2019
One of the greatest films of all time.
January 9, 2019
Ok my ratings are
Entertainment - 55%
Acting - 85%
CGI - 91% (I'm actually surprised about the CGI)
Atmosphere - 76%
Dinosaur scenes - 83%
Plot - 56%
Ok i know Steven Spielberg is one of the best directors, dont get me wrong, but.....this movie is decent in my opinion BUT....it's still a good movie, and in my opinion it's better than JAWS
½ January 7, 2019
Jurassic Park was a cornerstone of special effects and even today after 25 years the film is as good as it was on the day it released. Based on Michael Crichtonâ(TM)s novel the synopsis goes something like this- On a small island off the coast of Costa Rica exists a most unusual animal preserve by the name of Jurassic Park. Operated by dinosaur lover John Hammond (Richard Attenborough), Jurassic Park is the first of its kind. Its population of creatures includes brachiosaurs, dilophosaurs, tricerotops, velociraptors, and a Tyrannosaurus Rex, each of which has been cloned using the latest technology that takes DNA from dinosaur-biting prehistoric insects preserved in amber, and uses that DNA for the re-creation. When the consortium funding Jurassic Park become concerned that all is not as it should be, Hammond is forced to call in three experts: paleontologist Dr. Alan Grant (Sam Neill), his partner, paleo-botanist Dr. Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern), and the brilliant-but-cynical mathematician Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum). When the trio arrives at Jurassic Park, they are astonished by what it represents. It doesn't take long, however, for astonishment to turn to horror. Great film by a great director.(Movie magic result in live breathing Dinosaurs).
January 1, 2019
The story of the movie is something you don't see very often. The story was good and the acting was great. The fact that they used actual animatronics were used amazes me which dosent mean that the whole movie used animatronics most of the movies CGI are dinosaurs.
The characters are also pretty great and the dialogue is amazing.
All in all this movie is pretty great and i give it a 5/5
January 1, 2019
A great directed film by Steven Spielberg, but overall I didn't find the movie to be as great as I expected. Good movie, but not great.
December 30, 2018
One of the Best movies of all time and it has the best special effects of the 20th Century.
December 23, 2018
Based on the best-selling book by Michael Crichton, this Steven Spielberg science-fiction thriller about genetically engineered dinosaurs that run amok in a modern theme park, is enjoyable enough but lacks the awe of "Close Encounters" and the strong characterizations of "Jaws." The computer generated special effects by Stan Winston, in creating dinosaurs that seamlessly blend in with the actors, is impressive and was revolutionary for its time. It became the biggest box office hit of all time when it was released, mostly because kids got to see realistic looking dinosaurs. This is intended as a scare movie mixed with a roller coaster ride but with two kids along for the ride you know the danger is not overly threatening. The message of man's lack of respect for nature is overdone. Inline with the modern blockbuster, Spielberg seems more interested in commercial self-promotion and merchandising sales. Won Oscars for Best Visual Effects, Sound, Sound Effects Editing. The script is adapted by Chrichton and David Koepp. Music by John Williams. Cinematography by Dean Cundey. Sam Neill is the paleontologist; Laura Dern is the paleobotanist; Jeff Goldblum is the mathematician; Richard Attenborough is the billionaire owner of the park. With Bob Peck, Martin Ferrero, Joseph Mazzello, Ariana Richards, Samuel L. Jackson, Wayne Knight, B.D. Wong. Followed by "Lost World: Jurassic Park" (1997), "Jurassic Park III" (2001), "Jurassic World" (2015), and "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" (2018). Selected for preservation by the National Film Registry.
December 17, 2018
The special effects in this film were ground-breaking, and still hold up.
½ December 16, 2018
WOW. nothing more i can say
½ December 4, 2018
una pelicula que innovo al cine, sus actuaciones son perfectas, sus escenas de accion son muy bien ejecutadas, las reacciones de los actores son bastante reales y toda la información puesta en guion tiene sentido , sinceramente uno de los mejores iconos del cine y para ese tiempo los efectos especiales son tan buenos que son especiales nada que mas puedo decir.
½ December 3, 2018
"Jurassic Park" filmed by Steven Spielberg in 1993 truly set the tone for thriller movies that would later be made in the future. At a young age we were taught about these massive beasts roaming the earth, animals far beyond our greatest imaginations only to grow up and realize that these massive beasts were not to be seen again. Well Jurassic Park fulfilled those imaginations. When Steven Spielberg created this film, he opened our minds to ideas and scenarios beyond this world. He created difficult situations that were intense but weren't too intense for families and friends.
During the time action packed thriller movies never met in between. It was either too graphic or not graphic enough, but Spielberg found a way to change that. With C.G.I being a new form of technology the graphics on most films during that time were bland and somewhat unrealistic but in this film it was so detailed that it began to open people's minds on things that could be possible if they were to put their minds to it. At the same time this film showed a sense of humanity in a moment of terror. It reminded us that even in the darkest of times, humanism could be the deciding factor of life and death. Overall Steven Spielberg did an excellent job in sharing his imagination with the rest of the world, and by giving the rest of the world-especially children an imagination of their own. So much so that various movies have been made replicating this great movie.
December 1, 2018
Jurassic Park doesn't really need much reviewing by this point, but I saw it at the Royal Albert Hall in London recently with live orchestral accompaniment and fell in love with it all over again.

One of Spielberg's finest, Jurassic Park has all the hallmarks of the filmmaker who made Jaws and grew even more in their expertise by the time he retread ground with dinosaurs.

Spotlights are everywhere in this masterful film full of great camera techniques, memorable characters, great visual and aural storytelling, brilliant set design, and of course...those special effects. There's a reason why I make jokes at more modern movies' special effects saying "X years after Jurassic Park". This was 1993. And it made you believe in dinosaurs. I mean, they did exist, but whatever.

In regards to the orchestra that played, it does make one realise that goddamn, they play the main theme a lot. But it's another John Williams masterpiece, so it's fine. It captures everything good about this movie. The joy, the wonder, the adventure.

That's what every subsequent movie in the series lacks. That wonder. The miracle of dinosaurs. It's an amazing incredible thing. It's not meant to be a horror movie. Or a slasher. It just happens to turn out that way. But that's not the focus.

It's not about that. Jurassic Park is about a man who realises he's ready to start a family. That's the good shit. Not T-Rex and Raptor versus fake dinosaur fights.

Spielberg is the master. And goddamn, there will never be a more joyful reveal than the entire "Welcome to Jurassic Park" sequence.
November 24, 2018
A suspenseful, tense, action packed, and most importantly fun trip to the movies with great performances, writing, and props. "Jurassic Park" will truly keep its audience on the edge of their seats through the whole ride.
½ November 21, 2018
(93/100)
A classic, Jurassic Park is a really good movie, not just in story and execution, but the music, the visual effects and so much more. Steven Spielberg really made some great movies in his prime. John Williams' soundtrack is amazing and memorable. ILM's visual and practical effects work is also astounding, it's just an overall classic.
November 19, 2018
What a movie experience this was! One of the best of all time.
Page 1 of 1934