Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair Reviews

June 3, 2016
I have no reason to watch the separate films again. This story belongs in the complete 4 hour exhaustive experience. While basically the same, small cuts and additions (like removing any mention of Beatrix's daughter's survival until she is actually shown) polish an already stellar presentation by holding back the vital punch in a movie of a thousand punches that just hits you with so much more effectiveness in this masterful incarnation. Outstanding. And remember.....the magpie deserves your respect.
February 9, 2015
would love 2c vol 1 & 2 put back together
July 3, 2013
Just under four hours of pure cinematic heaven. A serious twitch from Uma Thurman, killer pop references and a soundtrack to die for.
February 27, 2013
November 2, 2012
long movie but worth it i love this movie
½ November 1, 2012
Four hours of nonstop violence and vengeance, served Tarantino style with a side of awesome. The first film is a fucking blast, but the second drags on a bit too much.
October 8, 2012
Now let's get one thing straight: I'm just as much a fan of mindless cinematic violence as anyone else, but Quentin Tarantino movies are just WAY too much for me.

In this case, we are supposed to believe that a scrawny, comatose blond babe suddenly wakes up, destroys a hospital, takes out a bunch of highly trained female assassins, and wipes out an entire Japanese mafia... SINGLEHANDEDLY? Hmm, ok~

And yeah, I know she's supposed to be sexy and all, but for some reason, just seeing Uma Thurman's FACE is enough to make me scramble for the OFF button on the DVD player.

About the only worthwhile and slightly "touching" scene is where Thurman finally meets up with and defeats her ex-boss, David Carradine. The curious mix of animosity and tenderness was, well, lovely. Movie lovers would do best to simply fast-forward to this final battle and forget the rest.
September 22, 2012
cmon! Blu-ray release please!
July 17, 2012
i like the kill bill movies and i wonder how this is going to happen i mean she killed bill
May 13, 2012
Desde hace tiempo se habla de este editaje para mostrar ambas películas de Kill Bill en una sola historia, honestamente esperaba algo más imaginativo que simplemente pegar ambas cintas, incluir la escena borrada de la 2 y para peores, quitan la frase inicial y se pierde el impacto cliffhanger de la primera, aparte le agregan color a una escena que era perfecta así sin color. Yo me quedo mejr con Kill Bill Volumen 1 que es perfecta y vuelvo a olvidarme de la 2 que no le llega a los tobillos a la primera.
March 15, 2012
THIS IS HOW KILL BILL is Suppose to be. No Cut's. No shortened length due to Time. NOTHING just 4 hours of PURE Beatrice "The Bride" Kido Ass Kicking. It's not really different from the two shown in theaters,really it's got minor added in scenes(most of which are just exteneded from the original) and has like the name suggest ALL the blood in the film. But it's worth buying simply cause it's the whole film and not 1/2 the film. If you liked Kill Bill Vol.1 and 2 You'll LOVE this cause it's the whole film as one and it an awesome buy. It's a shame it's only available in Japan and Europe ATM.
December 6, 2011
Saw a double feature of the Kill Bills with minimal editing to seamlessly attach the two together. It was so many amazing emotions I can't even begin to comprehend. It was in 35mm on the big screen which was also a major plus. All the times before I've seen the Kill Bills, they've been seperate. That's not the way they're meant to be seen. To properly experience The Whole Bloody Affair, one must watch them back to back so that they're the original 4 hour epic. And lemme tell ya, them 4 hours fly by. I once read some comment on YouTube of some kid's video that was all about how he thought Kubrick was extremely overrated because he didn't like 2001. He said somewhere he loved Tarantino. The comment said something along the lines "You don't like Kubrick because you don't understand serious drama, which is why you like Tarantino". First of all, I heartily don't believe that Kubrick and Tarantino are mutually exclusive, I love them both, they're great filmmakers. And second, that motherfucker either has never seen Kill Bill who wouldn't understand serious drama if it hit him in the face. Tarantino movies are extremely entertaining, and one of the reasons for this is because of dramatic motivations. I feel Kill Bill exemplifies Tarantino's knack for "serious drama". Seeing this was probably around the third or fourth time I saw Kill Bill, but I had never seen it like this. Seeing the two movies back to back, everything is fresh in your memory, and you see what you never saw before because everything is hitting you at once. The motivations of the characters have never been clearer, and characters themselves have never been more fleshed out and well drawn. Not that the first three kills on her list are important, but I'm just gonna skip right to Elle. Elle is not as great of a warrior as Beatrix, and she's a lot more stubborn. She's not willing to go through a bunch of pain even if the end result is far increased strength and skill. Beatrix is, and combined with a bunch of natural skill and determination, this automatically makes Beatrix a better warrior. She uses what she's learned through pain to save her life. She avenges the person, Pai Mei, who taught her how to do said method, by doing what he did to Elle. She's off to Bill. This is where the film (I'm totally calling this a film) reaches its brilliant climax. There are no good guys, or bad guys, there are people. Extraordinary people. Beatrix decided to raise her child with a clean slate, leaving Bill and covering up the fact that she was a cold blooded killer on the inside. Bill overreacted by killing everybody (except for two) at the wedding. He deserves to die. She deserves her revenge. But she broke his heart. But he had just cause. But there's still love there, whether it be nostalgic or true. When Beatrix kills Bill, she doesn't feel no remorse like she's felt with the others. She had to do it, but she knows what she's done and it affects her emotionally. Because of this, it affects the audience emotionally. I cried fairly hard when Bill asked "How do I look?" and Beatrix replied "You look ready." When on the fifth step, Bill falls, it's heartbreaking, but just, and you feel regret, but it's over, and it's all these complicated emotions that are so far from arbitrary and I'll be damned if that's not considered "serious drama" by some pretentious douchebag with his fuck-you flip flops. I don't think I'll ever be able to see this movie again in its two halves separately, even one after each other. I'll either have to mash them up together or wait till The Whole Bloody Affair comes out on DVD. I feel after seeing it in this environment in 35mm strung together as they were, it's tied with Fight Club, Boogie Nights, and Pulp Fiction for the title of greatest movie I've ever seen. I dread watching Titanic, a 3 hour movie. I oh so highly anticipate Kill Bill, a 4 hour movie, the best 4 hour movie I've ever seen, one that's length does not feel ironic or gimmicky or arbitrary, but necessary. The story can't be told in 2 hours, 3, or even 3 1/2. There is not a wasted second in Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair.
November 11, 2011
Quetin Tarantion said that there were going to be changes in the movie to the orginal... from that point on I wasn't interested. Why change a movie, that in my opinion is the best movie of all time? I disagree
August 13, 2011
Taken as a one epic film, Tarantino's genre pastiche is arguably the greatest piece of polished trash, or the trashiest piece of high art, in cinema history.
June 22, 2011
So this is the Whole Bloody Affair. It's both the movies in one whole sitting. It turns from double feature, to a 4-hour event, extravaganza! I would really like to own this for sure. Along with Vol. 1 & 2, I would like to have this as well to go with the collection.
May 11, 2011
A stylish blend of multi-era, transnational filmmaking, KILL BILL epitomizes not only Tarantino's love for cinema but also his unique fondness for Asian films. To watch THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR is not merely to sit through an entertaining 4-hour film, but more importantly to experience KILL BILL as an event. Uma Thurman carries, David Carradine slams it home. In the end, Tarantino has crafted a revenge narrative which - though it falters slightly in its depth and may turn off some viewers with its excessiveness - pays impressive tribute to classic flicks from Japan and China/HK, while injecting a fresh sense of bloody good fun.
April 24, 2011
Will this show in theaters across the US? I envy the lucky few in Cali. that saw it. At least give us a DVD/Blu-Ray release date.
kylemydude
April 8, 2011
So this was a pretty awesome experience, more thoughts to come.
April 6, 2011
It was absolutely worth it!! I'm so glad I've made it!