Kiss Me (With Every Heartbeat) Reviews

• Mar 20, 2020

Nice film! It is so impressive to feel with these girls.

Nice film! It is so impressive to feel with these girls.

• Oct 10, 2018

Great movie! It deserved the awards!!

Great movie! It deserved the awards!!

• Sep 27, 2017

Kiss Me (Kyss Mig) is a series of beautiful, tenderly crafted, well-acted scenes carefully strung together in a feature length film that warms the heart. And the chicks are hot! (Note to self: remove last sentence before publishing.) In a nutshell Mia, who has not been home for a while, brings her fiancé along to celebrate her father's engagement to Elisabeth. Elisabeth's daughter, Frida, however catches her eye and a poignant family drama follows. Highlights It is an utterly romantic film without once bordering on the soppy/sappy/sentimental/Stephen Spielberg phenomenon. Ruth Vega Fernandez and Liv Mjönes are perfectly cast and have an intimate chemistry on-screen. Family dynamics are often, and successfully, portrayed in an over the top, dramatic fashion. Rachel getting Married is a good example (and a brilliant film). A realistic, milder portrayal of an average family is more difficult to pull off while still keeping your audience hooked. Kiss me manages to portray the new-found love, the shattered fiancé and the father refusing to accept his gay daughter in such a realistic, familiar way that you can identify with and have empathy for the characters. You've known someone like the father, like the fiancé, and you like them despite their faults. They are well rounded. No one is weak or completely evil or completely chivalrous, just very human. The film is beautifully shot. Granted, it has a very European, Swedish feel to it, with the late dusk, the forest and the lake houses, but in my opinion this only adds to the beauty of the film. Best performance It is a toss-up between Ruth and Liv. You decide. Stand-out scene I would have to say the first sex scene between Mia and Frida encompasses, in a few minutes, what the film as a whole is about. It is beautifully shot, handled with great reverence for the subject at hand and developed at a gorgeously slow speed. (Watch out for the use of the 'night light'.) Negatives None that I could think of at the time of writing this review. Is the film relevant today? Do we live in a homophobic world? Do we live in a world where children are forced to parent the parents? Where daughters and father don't speak? Where we need second chances? Where we need to fail and make up for it? Okay, yes then.

• Apr 02, 2017

It is so pure and honest, it gives me shivers everytime i see it and josé gonzales song "lovestain" just keeps looping in my head .. Of course the plot is simple but the acting is really amazing.

• Jul 30, 2015

Well done lesbian flick....good acting, good chemistry and interesting premise.

Well done lesbian flick....good acting, good chemistry and interesting premise.

• Jul 01, 2014

Kiss Me [Sweden, 2011] With a storyline so common, it could have played more with its plot. 5/10

• Jun 02, 2014

Kyss Mig is another film that receives high praise from supporters and fans of the genre yet just as in Brokeback Mountain we are forced to empathize with a character who openly cheats on her boyfriend/wife. It is hard to really feel for them even if their attractions are different. Kyss Mig has some good acting but without being able to attach myself to a character other than the boyfriend who she was cheating on I just couldn't enjoy the film.

• Apr 24, 2014

4/5 --- An untraditional love story of a woman who is marrying a man she thinks she's in love with until her attraction to another person (woman) leads her down an emotional complicated path of self-discovery. Well done with a small Swedish cast, a few faces I've seen before and the language just flows for me, sounding a lot like English. Story feels natural and has a lot of depth from all sides/POVs, realistic and dramatic. Recommended!

• Apr 16, 2014

I highly recommend this. Unlike most lesbians films which are woeful this is actually worth watching. It's got a great cast and there is real chemistry between the two leads. It's well written and it has a happy ending. It definitely rates among the top of it's genre.

• Jan 09, 2014