Larger Than Life Reviews

• Aug 02, 2020

This movie should be retired. Immensely boring, stupid plot, yet it's main cause of offense is the complete lack of awareness in the use of the elephant. Animals in circuses are now banned in the U.S. and elsewhere due to the cruelty involved in obtaining wild animals and the terrible abuse it takes to train elephants, especially. It's 2020 - we know better now. Let's do better by refusing to air these misleading movies which gloss over the suffering involved in the creation of our pithy entertainment.

• Jul 07, 2020

Not one of his best, but Murray still makes it fun.

Not one of his best, but Murray still makes it fun.

• Jun 27, 2020

Great watch, will likely watch again, and can definitely recommend. Bill Murray being Bill Murray in an array of unfortunate events and with an elephant as well. The movie does a great job of putting as many unreasonable obstacles in the way as reasonably possible without it feeling incredibly forced.

• Aug 24, 2019

Bill Murray's best from the 90's has to be Groundhog Day. Quick Change, What About Bob, KingPin and Rushmore were good too. Other than that you have movies like The Man Who Knew Too Little and Larger Than Life. Which wasted his talent. Where he would've been better off making Ghostbusters 3. Which took him 30 years to finally agree to.

• Jul 12, 2019

Very derivative and unfunny which is disappointing considering Bill Murray is starring. But there is a few good moments, just not good enough to recommend

• Jul 06, 2019

It's the worst movie of 1996!

It's the worst movie of 1996!

• Dec 04, 2018

Not sure why this was so low-rated here. This comedy is definitely a doable watch, and actually quite endearing. The scene where Murray drives a big rig is absolutely LOL. One of my best laughs in years. 3 stars.

• Nov 22, 2018

Leaving myself a bit bewildered did With the reviews because this movie is quite clever and entertaining with a good undertone of moral valve and change. The elephant sets the stage and bill owns the crowd with Witty banter.I enjoyed and related to it as a kid and reenjoied it as an adult free on Vudu yesterday. More people should check it out. Not perfect movie by any stretch of green beans but Entertaining nonetheless.

• May 25, 2015

Murray is funny in this and there are some nice comic moments, but it lacks in a lot of ways. Watch it if you don't have a better Bill Murray movie on hand.

• May 18, 2015

I thought it was better than everyone said - probably because I didn't expect much of it. However, the film had much more potential and even though I did quite enjoy the beginning, it got more shallow and boring by the minute.