The Last Airbender - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Airbender Reviews

½ January 21, 2017
Do I really need to waste my time on this piece of crap.
½ January 19, 2017
This Movie doesn't even get a 1/2 star
½ January 12, 2017
Worst movie of all time nothing was right not even the pronunciation of names or words
½ January 5, 2017
Utterly awful, and offensive to the original show.
December 30, 2016
Never watched the acclaimed series which this is based off of. Took a good look at the trailer and a few scenes here and there, which brought me to the conclusion, "M. Night, what the heck happened to you man!?
What could I say about this film which hasn't been said a million times before?
Just completely and utterly pointless to exist in the history of cinema!
December 27, 2016
To put it bluntly: Go watch the cartoon
½ December 18, 2016
It's an decent movie with amazing visual effects and sweet action I have seen in years,in this one he learns water,in the next sequel he will learn earth and in the next one he will learn fire.I like the way that he learns any bending, thats like the coolest thing I ever saw,this movie is for a visual treat and some solid action bending that is cool enough for the story itself,the acting not so good but corny,it's different from the cartoon but I love the cartoon,even if this movie doesn't follow all the way through like the cartoon,but this movie is decent and has some flaws in its storytelling acting,script and ridiculous sequences
½ December 16, 2016
Wow. Quite possibly the worst movie ever made, this entire movie isn't even so bad that it's good, because it plays out like the plot section of a Wikipedia page. Hell, even that's better than this steaming turd.
December 15, 2016
The Last Airbender has a surprisingly good soundtrack and Dev Patel steals the show as Zuko but the film fails to live up to its critically acclaimed source material thanks to M. Night Shyamalan's crappy direction making The Happening look like a classic, action which isn't as thrilling as it should be, some odd casting choices and plotting which lacks faithfulness to the Nickelodeon cartoon ultimately resulting in a cliffhanger ending that expects audiences to believe that there's actually going to be a sequel to this worthless pile of crap that even those who are unfamiliar with the TV show will enjoy.
December 15, 2016
M. Night Shyamalan demonstrated a once-in-a-generation talent with his trio of terrific films, but the last four -- including The Last Airbender -- seem so far removed from those glory days that one can only wonder from which galaxy did aliens come down and replace the once-brilliant director with a replica that just can't get those filmmaking instincts down pat. The Last Airbender is the latest debacle from the once universally beloved filmmaker; it's a smorgasbord of missed opportunities saddled with bad acting, a haphazard plot, a boring pace, a scattershot structure, and dull action scenes. The end result is so bad that it's almost implausible that this was made by the same director who crafted Signs; that's the real story here. Slap "Alan Smithee" into the credits and remove "M. Night Shyamalan" and The Last Airbender would just be another miss of a big budget movie. Unfortunately, it seems to have sealed the fate of Hollywood's one-time can't-miss prospect; even that trademark Shyamalan style is absent in this one, and the movie seems to have been made on cruise control with half the crew half asleep at the switch. There are some fans (ahem) who will always hold out hope that the M. Night of old will make a triumphant return, but it's not looking too good.
December 7, 2016
It was good it showed ignition I think there should be a 2 part
December 4, 2016
Horrible adaptation in every way possible. How could of it gone this bad?
½ December 3, 2016
absolutely dreadful experience
½ November 28, 2016
Literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen, if not the worst.

Absolutely butchered the source material, but extremely awful even if you've never seen the show. Can't even begin to list all of the things wrong with this travesty of a film.
½ November 28, 2016
The plot was boring, the jokes were unfunny, and I felt more pummeled than exhilarated. M Night Shyamalan really screwed up
½ November 25, 2016
Awful movie. Worst acting I've seen in a while, the script doesn't at all portray the characters in a way that makes them justice. It's so boring to watch, when the series were amazing. Huge let down, top 3 worst movies ever
November 19, 2016
Just like Dragonball Evolution, you are better off watching it's source material then this travesty of this so-called 'adaptation'.
November 7, 2016
What can be said about this horrendously, god-awful re-imagining of probably the best show on Nickelodeon? IT WAS F**KING AWFUL!!! What makes it worse is that the director was someone who has mad great films; M.Night Shyamalan directed great films such as Sixth Sense, Signs, & recently The Visit. It does have a few good things. The music was good, I dug the scenery, and it was clever the way Aang defeated the Fire Nation. But when you couple it with stuff that makes a bad film from terrible acting/casting choices with the exception of Zuko & Iroh, cheesy and lame fight scenes, cringe-worthy dialogue, terrible special effects that makes the bending look like a bad dance move, and unexplained aspects of the story, you know something is very wrong. It was the first time ever in my life that I got really got really angry watching something on a big screen. The movie is so bad that the first trailer was way more entertaining than this film. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE!!! >:(

You want a great adaptation of a cartoon? Go watch the Speed Racer movie. Yes I'm serious! In my opinion, it was the best film based on a cartoon that I did watch during my youth.
½ November 2, 2016
WHYYYyyyy... I felt my heart break when I saw this. The movie does not reflect the lively humour or magic the series provokes.
October 30, 2016
A hopelessly tedious adaptation of what I've heard is a superlative Cartoon Network show. Rife with hideously stilted acting (probably due to Shyamalan's always misguided direction), pretty sorry dialogue, and a passionless story. Saved only by one or two good action sequences, some pleasing visuals, and perhaps as much as three convincing performances. Steer clear of this one.