The Last Airbender - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Airbender Reviews

July 25, 2016
More Like The Last Blender.
This Movie is all about Blending the film with an abomination of bad script
But It's Not M. Night Shyamalan's Fault this is bad, I blame the actors.

Score: 2/10
½ July 25, 2016
I'm still trying to fathom the fact that the same director gave us The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.
July 21, 2016
This M.Night Shamalan movie is like listening to M&N while eating M&Ns and taking part in SNM: annoying, bad for you and EXTREMELY PAINFUL. Also, instead of honouring the classic Anime like it's supposed to, it instead GANG BANGS, TORTURES, KILLS THEN CHOPS UP THE BODIES AND DROPS THEM IN A RIVER OF RAT SHIT.
½ July 11, 2016
Least favourite movie of all time. I don't even think Shyamalan watched the show...
½ July 10, 2016
Needless to say, you can't describe this film without using any words that is a synonym for bad.
½ July 10, 2016
An absolute travesty. Films not even worth the word count in this review.
July 7, 2016
Wow. Just wow. This movie nothing like the masterpiece cartoon. I hated this film. Terrible acting. Terrible affects. I do not recommend this.
½ July 6, 2016
I would give it a 0 if I could
June 29, 2016
If you are a fan of the show I would not recommend you watch this movie, unless you have someone to restrain you from causing yourself great harm i.e. Hanging, pills, guns, etc.
½ June 29, 2016
Really annoyed at what a poor job they have made of the film.... Nothing is right.... Everything is rushed, it doesn't flow like the TV Show does..... There is no time to get to know the characters, you are just told who they are most of the time.... They have missed out huge chunks of the story to make it fit poorly and don't explain what is happening properly..... I hope they either release a version that is properly made like LOTR (with more of the missing story) or they don't make Book 2: Earth..... They also pronounce Aang's name wrong.... from what it is in the show.... Plus he isn't his fun loving self.....

If you have seen the TV Show DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE!!! If you haven't seen the TV Show, then watch the movie and then watch the show to see how bad the movie is!!!
June 24, 2016
This movie is a disgrace to the excellent show it is based on, from mispronounced names to liberties taken with basic information from the original story. If you have never seen the show, and are only seeing the movie, it's slow, the action sequences and story are both very slow. Not to mention, there are several things in the movie that don't make sense, like imprisoning earth benders on earth... we agree with the creators' assessment of this movie.
½ June 23, 2016
Where do I begin? This film is absolutely awful. The worst one I've ever seen. I despise it not only because it's bad, but because it's an adaptation of my most favorite animated television series ever. The acting is wooden, the characters are bland, the writing is lazy, and all the movie basically does is explain exposition without any emotions being addressed. I wouldn't hate it as much if it wasn't an adaptation to be honest. But it completely fails to be faithful to the source material. How could a show that was so wonderful be adapted into this dog poop? Shamaylan is horrible at his job. What really makes me angry was that while everything was terrible, I was at least begging for some awesome action scenes. But I couldn't even get that. The only reason I gave this vomit at least half a star is because the production designs and effects were neat, the musical score is actually pretty epic, and Dev Patel, Aasif Mandvi, and Shaun Toub were the only decent actors. Aside from that, The Last Airbender is complete garbage. Boring, humourless, and completely unfaithful, this is definitely a film to skip
June 23, 2016
Seems like a totally boring, flat, horribly acted, horribly made piece of junk and the only reason I'd ever watch this would be just so I can review it myself.
½ June 19, 2016
Horrible Acting, Story, & Director
½ June 17, 2016
Fans of this need to get their head examined.
½ June 16, 2016
Ruined my childhood worst directing choice, story is removed and the plot is
½ June 15, 2016
If I could give it a lower rating I would.
June 15, 2016
Unless this movie was intended as a farcical joke it would need a negative scale in order to rate it against the "average" truly horrible film.
June 12, 2016
Beautiful sets and effects from beginning to end; its the bad dialog and even worse delivery (almost like they're in a rehearsal and just standing there repeating lines) that make this truly cringe-worthy.
½ June 11, 2016
It was horrible. The plot did not follow the anime at all. How hard is it to at least say the names properly. This is the worst movie ever made.