The Last Airbender - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Airbender Reviews

July 24, 2017
Disgrace to humanity.
½ July 17, 2017
This movie got rid of everything good about the TV show. Terrible acting, plot, but worst of all, the movie had no heart like the show did.
July 16, 2017
The most disappointing midnight showing I've every been to. It's been 7 years since this came out and it still makes my blood boil how bad it was. I wish I could give it 0 stars.
½ July 4, 2017
one of the worst movie adaptations i have ever watched. wish I had not known about it when it released,

such a poorly made movie, it failed in more ways than one
½ June 17, 2017
Terrible directors chose who would but m night on a kids cartoon movie
June 16, 2017
This movie was an abomination. It's even worse because it had the potential to be great, the original show was awesome. They didn't even pronounce the names right! I don't understand how they could take that show and RUIN literally everything good about it. If I could give this zero stars, I would.
½ June 15, 2017
The acting was bad, the fighting was bad, the characters aren't done very well, scenes that are supposed to be dramatic don't really have any emotional weight. It's all around unenjoyable.
½ June 1, 2017
If you like the show then for the love of all things holy do not watch this movie!
May 26, 2017
So much is wrong with this movie, not the least of which is the atrocious acting. Easily M. Night Shyamalan's worst one so far, which is saying a lot.
½ May 24, 2017
Worst movie I have ever seen! I am struggling to give it one star.
½ May 15, 2017
Wish I could give this a zero star.
May 13, 2017
This movie is a complete bastardization of the greatest Nicktoon ever made, with an extremely clunky story that foolishly tries to cram all 20 episodes of the first season into one short movie plot, one-dimensional characters who can't even pronounce each other's names correctly, abysmal acting, mediocre visual effects, some of the most pathetic fight scenes in cinema history, and disgustingly racist casting choices. One of the absolute worst live-action films based on a cartoon, and also the worst film that M. Night Shyamalan has ever directed.
May 11, 2017
downright terrible acting!!! but call me crazy because I actually enjoyed the movie even with its many many flaws and a lil upset there will not be sequels

I might have an advantage when liking this movie being I've never watched the cartoon
May 9, 2017
The Last Airbender was one of the biggest signs that Nickelodeon was declining in quality.
May 9, 2017
The Last Airbender is laughably acted and directed and just a really poor adaptation. Watching it makes me feel bad for some of the talented people whose work has been squandered on this project, namely James Newton Howard and some of the costume and effects people.
½ May 4, 2017
This movie was all over the place. Not only was the script and acting horrible, but they got the bending, character designs, and name pronunciations completely wrong.
½ April 29, 2017
This movie, even when discounting the source material, is lacklustre in every facet. There is no reason to pick this one above another other film of the same genre. If the premise interests you then go watch the show - which is leagues ahead of this.
April 27, 2017
Oh no. DONT WATCH THIS AT ALL. IT IS JUST AWFUL.
April 27, 2017
The only thing that is more disappointing than this movie is the inability to rate it lower then one.
April 13, 2017
Don't know why others didn't like this. My whole family loved it. The brother sister interactions combined with a boy's growing super powers plus the villian - plot seemed fine to me. It is a kids film and mine took up watching the anime series after this. I think sometimes critics focus too much on what they not a kid expects. There are a lot of scary kids movies out there including serious violence and complex themes. This is not. I would love a sequel.