The Last Airbender - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Airbender Reviews

August 14, 2017
This movie is a disservice to a flawless TV show. This movie is stupid, generic, and boring. Do not watch this.
½ August 7, 2017
You can't call this a "movie" . You just can't
½ August 6, 2017
Worst animation to live action ever. Thanks Shyamalan.
½ August 3, 2017
Screw you M Night Shyamalan for ruining a great series
August 2, 2017
Great movie and I'd love to see a sequel
½ July 31, 2017
Worst movie ever made! Under no circumstances watch this and burn all copies on sight! Negative 5 Stars
July 28, 2017
To be fair this more than I expected for this movie. The movements and effects mirrored that of the cartoon series. The only problem was that they spent alot of time around Zuko and less around Aang and the fire nation. It could have used more of the series humor but did not and went for a darker tone. It starts off slow but picks up about 30 minutes in. I hope to see the next two books earth and fire put into movies as well but based on how this film is doing I don't think I ever will. As sad as it is to say this film is only ment for those how have seen the series there is almost no way to understand the characters unless you have. Everyone rags on this film because M. Night has not made a good film for awhile and the story can only be understood if you have seen the series. The issue with most critics is that they probably have not seen the series and have no idea what is going on. Despite how much of the series is cut out the bare bones are there for me to see. To frank thats all I ask for in a film. Go in with the lowest expectations and enjoy if you like the series. Its better than Dragonball Evolution and believe me I tried to give that movie a chance but that did not work out to well.
-Slayer360123
½ July 28, 2017
the names were changed A's became Ahhhhs and the M night shamealan spelled incorrectly on purpose ruined a great series
July 27, 2017
This movie had potential, but it blew it all at once. For starters; M. Night Shyamalan directed
This film. Not that he can't do good work, it's just After Signs, he didn't make a good film until The Visit, and that came out 5 years after this film did. Second, every character including Aang has his name pronounced differently, what the hell was that all about? Third, the effects are terrible, and the "air karate" for the effects is even worse. So, to sum it up, stay as far away from this film as possible
July 24, 2017
Disgrace to humanity.
½ July 17, 2017
This movie got rid of everything good about the TV show. Terrible acting, plot, but worst of all, the movie had no heart like the show did.
July 16, 2017
The most disappointing midnight showing I've every been to. It's been 7 years since this came out and it still makes my blood boil how bad it was. I wish I could give it 0 stars.
½ July 4, 2017
one of the worst movie adaptations i have ever watched. wish I had not known about it when it released,

such a poorly made movie, it failed in more ways than one
½ June 17, 2017
Terrible directors chose who would but m night on a kids cartoon movie
June 16, 2017
This movie was an abomination. It's even worse because it had the potential to be great, the original show was awesome. They didn't even pronounce the names right! I don't understand how they could take that show and RUIN literally everything good about it. If I could give this zero stars, I would.
½ June 15, 2017
The acting was bad, the fighting was bad, the characters aren't done very well, scenes that are supposed to be dramatic don't really have any emotional weight. It's all around unenjoyable.
½ June 1, 2017
If you like the show then for the love of all things holy do not watch this movie!
May 26, 2017
So much is wrong with this movie, not the least of which is the atrocious acting. Easily M. Night Shyamalan's worst one so far, which is saying a lot.
½ May 24, 2017
Worst movie I have ever seen! I am struggling to give it one star.
½ May 15, 2017
Wish I could give this a zero star.