The Last Airbender - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Airbender Reviews

April 11, 2018
No, just no. It's a disgrace to such an awesome show. Please watch that instead. Avatar: The Last Airbender, it's by nickelodeon. The effects were ok. But it doesn't matter if you throw effects at a turd because its still a poorly acted, badly written, non faithful to a brilliant show turd that should be vaporised into dust.
April 3, 2018
It was the worse adaptation/movie/ thing I have seen with my two eyes.This was literally the saddest most disappointing movie. Even the main actor said he's embarrassed to be part of it and people who have met the avatars actor said he was put under pressure to act a certain way.
½ March 16, 2018
Let me just begin with saying THIS MOVIE MAKES NO SENSE! I hate this movie. You know why ? Here is why this movie is trying to fix something what isn't broken. I don't want you to watch this movie so I am just warning you. This movie does something what a lot of people do with animes take it to live action. This is a big mistake the last airbender had no business being in live action. Maybe I should also say that it's actors are pretty bad at playing their characters. Aang is not nearly so serious, Katara is not nearly so idiotic, Sokka is not so smart, and Zuko is pretty accurate. Needless to say i just hate this movie it makes the last airbender the show seem like a one time event that we only got to experience once. People you don't have to agree if I am wron just make a knew review about how good it is. Which I doubt but hey why not.
March 11, 2018
The movie was bad it was not like the sHow dont waste your mo in tHis peace of trash
March 5, 2018
The acting is just beyond words.
March 4, 2018
If I could put a 0 rating I would
½ February 28, 2018
As a fan of the Avatar: The Last Airbender series, I was greatly disappointed with the poor acting, mispronunciation, and lack of chemistry between these "actors". Done correctly, this movie could have been great. At the same time it was doomed for failure as they tried to put so many episodes into one short movie. It didn't allow the story to develop like it should have or show the true struggle of the citizens and the main characters against the Fire Nation. At the time of this review, it has a 6% on the tomatometer. I, personally, think that is a bit high for the horrible directing and acting.
½ February 22, 2018
How could someone mess up so badly? How could a director take an amazing show, and make people want to throw popcorn at their screen? The acting was terrible, costumes and make up disgraceful, animation dreadful . . . could I hate it more? Why was Aang's name pronounced wrong? Why was everyone white? Why was it casted so horribly wrong? Why did Zuko look like he got a little sunburn instead of a painful scar? I mean . . . you couldn't have done worse. People that heard the story line and were intrigued, please, go watch the show. It has the same story line, but you'll be smiling instead of snickering. The TV show was funny, inspirational, unique, and just simply perfect. I'm still in shock that the movie messed up so badly.
½ February 19, 2018
This movie is legit pretty horrible from bad acting by literally everybody, to the lame condensed plot, to mispronouncing everyone's name to loads of inconsistencies between it and itself and the show (earthbenders in an earth prison?, fire bending needs a source? everyone is indian for some reason?).

However personally I have a great time every time I watch this since it's just so hilariously bad. Every time I find something embarrassing I missed before. Watching it with friends is a blast since it's so easy to continually poke fun of. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I love this movie.

If you do want to see a compelling real life adaptation of the series however, I have some bad news for you...
½ February 9, 2018
So much wrong with this movie. Pacing is terrible, characters are inconsistent, and (I know it's kinda petty) the pronunciation of SO MANY things is just wrong. I mean, come on, there's LITERALLY 3 seasons of source material that I'm sure not one person associated with this movie bothered to review.
February 4, 2018
Watching this movie now on tv. It hurts my brain. I loved the animated version of both Avatar Aang and Avatar Korra. This live action movie betrays the animated version, word pronounciation and how the characters are portrayed. Even the parody episode in the animated version was better. There is no point for sequels if the will all be like this....
January 28, 2018
Aweful acting, the earthbenders prison is is.. get it, litterally outside where they could bend all they wanted to. it has no joy, nor emotion, the races are all wrong compared to the actual cartoon. Its a disgrace to the franchise.
January 25, 2018
0/5 WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!
January 24, 2018
Better than Star Wars The Last Jedi at least... but that is not saying much.
December 29, 2017
It's been seven years since I've seen this atrocity of a movie and I still remember the disgrace it brought to the series... I have no words besides shame on you
December 28, 2017
i saw it and it was amazing
½ December 22, 2017
of the worst directors, he completely ruined the movie
December 18, 2017
Such a shame when the TV show is so incredible
½ December 16, 2017
Where the cartoon was great fun, this was just entirely mediocre. They probably should have tried to make the story a bit smaller, rather than squeezing in a whole season of the series, and focus on good character development.
December 16, 2017
One of the best movies EVER!!!!