The Last Airbender - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Airbender Reviews

½ May 15, 2017
Wish I could give this a zero star.
May 13, 2017
This movie is a complete bastardization of the greatest Nicktoon ever made, with an extremely clunky story that foolishly tries to cram all 20 episodes of the first season into one short movie plot, one-dimensional characters who can't even pronounce each other's names correctly, abysmal acting, mediocre visual effects, some of the most pathetic fight scenes in cinema history, and disgustingly racist casting choices. One of the absolute worst live-action films based on a cartoon, and also the worst film that M. Night Shyamalan has ever directed.
May 11, 2017
downright terrible acting!!! but call me crazy because I actually enjoyed the movie even with its many many flaws and a lil upset there will not be sequels

I might have an advantage when liking this movie being I've never watched the cartoon
May 9, 2017
The Last Airbender was one of the biggest signs that Nickelodeon was declining in quality.
May 9, 2017
The Last Airbender is laughably acted and directed and just a really poor adaptation. Watching it makes me feel bad for some of the talented people whose work has been squandered on this project, namely James Newton Howard and some of the costume and effects people.
½ May 4, 2017
This movie was all over the place. Not only was the script and acting horrible, but they got the bending, character designs, and name pronunciations completely wrong.
½ April 29, 2017
This movie, even when discounting the source material, is lacklustre in every facet. There is no reason to pick this one above another other film of the same genre. If the premise interests you then go watch the show - which is leagues ahead of this.
April 27, 2017
Oh no. DONT WATCH THIS AT ALL. IT IS JUST AWFUL.
April 27, 2017
The only thing that is more disappointing than this movie is the inability to rate it lower then one.
April 13, 2017
Don't know why others didn't like this. My whole family loved it. The brother sister interactions combined with a boy's growing super powers plus the villian - plot seemed fine to me. It is a kids film and mine took up watching the anime series after this. I think sometimes critics focus too much on what they not a kid expects. There are a lot of scary kids movies out there including serious violence and complex themes. This is not. I would love a sequel.
April 10, 2017
Yes, it's a little cheesy.

Overall though this is a fun movie.
March 31, 2017
Parece uma adaptação de videogame de tão todo errado que é esse filme.
½ March 28, 2017
Not only is The Last Airbender one of the worst movies ever made but it makes the incredible source material look bad.
½ March 28, 2017
When a film can't even get its main character's name correct, you know you're in for some garbage!
March 23, 2017
I liked this movie when I was little, but I'm sure I would not like it as much now. Good effects, though.
March 21, 2017
The movie, which holds a lack of any quality, was so horrific and boring that I contemplated how to end my life. The millions of dollars of box office money was purely from people walking into what they believed would be a good movie, and either leaving early or discussing the awful movie as a whole.
½ March 20, 2017
This movie was so terrible. Not only were the actors completely unalike from the animated characters, but their acting was terrible, and the whole story plot was off. I wouldn't recommend seeing it anytime soon. Whoever directed this movie (ahem, M. Night Shyamalan...) should be ashamed with themselves and stop in their tracks. If they can make a simple young adult's movie this bad, just imagine what other fails they will have made.
½ March 20, 2017
ruined the whole fan experience of this movie just horrible horrible
½ March 18, 2017
Not nearly as bad as its made out to be IF you don't compare it to the show. Its an entirely different version of the world and characters. It was going for a darker tone than the light hearted playfulness of the cartoon where war and genocide wasn't treated with the upmost seriousity. Parts of the film are unintentionally bad, yes like the Earthbenders prison scene and the Princess' haircut. But visually this has really great cinematography and that score by James Newton Howard is beautiful, especially Flow like Water. And the special effects were not bad either, only it feels like they were missing in some scenes. But really this film is about Aang's character arc of excepting his duty as the Avatar so it makes more sense for him to be downbeat and sad since all the Air Nomads were extinct. I like that Aang did not kill anyone which is different to his murderous cartoon counterpart who killed the Firebenders senselessly when he became the Koi monster. Zuko and his uncle were also good characters and Sokka was funny but his humor was downplayed so casual viewers didn't pick up on it. And Katara played the motherly figure to Aang and treated him as her responsibility to look over. All and all, its a decent fantasy film if you can bring yourself to completely disconnect it from the source material its based off. Watch it again with an open mind and it becomes a really magical experience.
½ March 5, 2017
One of the biggest crimes against humanity.