License to Drive Reviews

• Oct 26, 2019

If you were a teen/early 20s when this movie came out in 1988, then this movie is for you. It features a complete flashback of the time of your life era, including the big hair and a nightclub scene, as well as early classroom networked computers. You will find yourself saying, "Oh, Yeah! I remember that"....really fun movie to watch. The music. The fashion. I saw some lamo reviews from other reviewers whom I will assume were not alive during this time period. I suppose that would make this movie a bit more lame as it is not 'The Godfather'. But if you were a teen during this time, get yourself some popcorn and enjoy.

• Oct 20, 2019

A classic movie that goes on the adventure of a few high school kids who finally have the freedom of being able to drive, only one thing wrong... The teen behind the wheel didn't quite actually pass his drivers test. Watch as he takes out his high school dream girl and picking up his friends a little later to enjoy on this memorable outing. I can't believe this was rated so low by the critics. Actually yes I can it always seems whatever the critics say the opposite is true of the film.

• Jun 14, 2019

An really fun 80's style comedy with a bit of action with little to no lessons to be learned in the end. Recommended

• May 05, 2019

Very fum to watch. Of those movies from the 80s that will make you smile. I would not watch it twice though.

• Jul 23, 2018

Decent film, but not necessarily a must see. It has a fair share of laughs & good moments but it is nothing historic.

• Jul 15, 2018

The main point of License to Drive wears off pretty quickly: three teens stop caring and just go out to have some illegal fun with one of their parents' cars. The movie is surprisingly bland and unfunny, with an agonizingly stupid dream sequence to kick itself off. It plays by the 80's teen movie rules and doesn't take barely any chances. However, Corey Feldman and Corey Haim did use to be two entertaining actors, and this movie certainly isn't hard to watch, it's kind of a dumb fun. It's basic and silly and actually contains one moment of true commentary on modern teen life, but it's nothing to get all excited about. If you think you'll be impressed, you're wrong.

• Apr 14, 2018

A Coreys vehicle that's kind of funny.

A Coreys vehicle that's kind of funny.

• Jul 30, 2017

Corey Haim was fantastic in this movie. Feldman was perfectly cast as the second lead (which is what Feldman was, at best, in the 80's). Watch this movie and Lost Boys and you will understand why Haim got so many second and third chances. Haim was a talented actor with star power.

• Jul 10, 2017

The writing's satirical with few bursts of small, chuckling comedy to join the 80s' teenage sitcom flicks, and that's pretty much the only quality to offer and find appealing while the rest is just silly and unpleasantly-natured. (C+) (Full review TBD)

• Jul 09, 2017

Classic 80's teenage drama. The cheese factor is dialled up too high for my tastes. The DMV scene looked as if it was out of the dystopian 1984 world and was hilarious. The juxtaposition of Corey Haim's driving test versus his sisters was great. The ridiculous diner scene that led into a military protest and then almost arrested and then car stolen by a drunk was the worst.