Life as a House Reviews

• Oct 18, 2019

I may have fallen in love with Mary Steenbergen but i really enjoyed this film. Kevin Kline was amazing and this movie made me want to go to CA. Mary has the best ass of all times...

• Jan 04, 2019

Divorced, recently fired and rapidly becoming estranged from his son, George makes good on his life long dream: build himself the oceanview house of his dreams! The various aspects of life, good and bad, are for us to witness. Well performed and a good story!

• Jul 22, 2018

An unappreciated gem with realistic portrayals from it's trio of capable performers, 'Life As A House' is a sad but heartwarming story boosted by a resonant score and beautiful locale.

• Jul 22, 2018

I loved this film, which was warm, funny and poignant all at once. The cast was outstanding, especially Hayden Christenson, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for this part, which he deserved! As usual, I differ from the critics in my opinion, and the audience score agrees with me, not them!

• Jul 17, 2018

A promising movie with excellent perfomances from the actors

A promising movie with excellent perfomances from the actors

• Sep 13, 2017

3.5/.5.0 stars - Grade: B

3.5/.5.0 stars - Grade: B

• Jun 14, 2017

"Life as a House" is a sappy and melodramatic film that tries too hard to get its audiences to shed tears, but the strong performances from its cast are impressive.

• Feb 19, 2017

Haven't watched in a long time. Cried like a baby!

Haven't watched in a long time. Cried like a baby!

• Sep 24, 2016

This movie hits your emotions in so many ways. It is such a goid movie that will stir your soul.

• Aug 18, 2016

"Son: How do you become something you're not? Father: What do you want to become? Son: What I'm not. Father: What are you now? Son: I'm nothing."