A Life of Her Own Reviews

• Apr 25, 2015

really good melodrama kinda weepie at least I did anyway.

really good melodrama kinda weepie at least I did anyway.

• Nov 28, 2011

Even Ray Milland can't save this movie lol. It seems to drag on a bit and George Cukor has done way better than this flick. Prob just made it to fill in a gap somewhere in his repertoire lol.

• Jul 17, 2011

Lana Turner & Ray Milland make Adultery look Glamorous, but then realize the true costs

• Oct 13, 2008

good stuff well acted

good stuff well acted

• Aug 12, 2008

A good example of the fifties melodrama/women's film although not in the same league as Douglas Sirk, of course. This has an excellent beginning (special mention for Ann Dvorak's suicidal ageing model) and end, but the middle part drags a bit. Nonetheless, it's an interesting example of the genre and I particularly like the fact it can be read in various ways ... a (reactionary) cautionary tale or a (subversive) social comment. Well worth a look if you're into the genre already.