Life With Father Reviews

• Jan 27, 2020

GREAT MOVIE, to see: "Life With Father"(1947), (that I saw the first time on my TV that started at 9:30am(CT) on Monday January 27, 2020)! (I wrote these comments at 2:14pm(CT) Monday January 27, 2020.)

• Dec 12, 2019

Such a wonderful film. I’m so glad I found this film on TCM (Miss that channel- Hope the cable debacle gets resolved soon). Irene Dunne is fantastic, I love the plot and how she turns her staid husband upside down.

• Nov 20, 2019

A funny movie about the man who thinks he has everything in order.

A funny movie about the man who thinks he has everything in order.

• Oct 14, 2019

A steaming turd of a movie, with William Powell yelling at everybody in sight, it's a movie you should get PAID for bearing with. Almost every moment of the movie feels interminable. Absolute GARBAGE. Avoid at all costs.

• Sep 25, 2019

Lovable, old-fashioned family comedy, made the director's usual expertise, with a great cast, but foremost: William Powell is a treat.

• Feb 20, 2019

William Powell could really act and his partner in this, Irene Dunne, could too. They make a believable couple out of an unbelievable situation. ZaSu Pitts adds a dash of goofiness to the film and Elizabeth Taylor is there for her looks. She doesn't do much else. The plotline is regrettable: so many avenues to venture down, but this centers on an adult man's baptism and going to hell. Not too believable. The remainder of the film rests on the interplay between Powell and Dunne, the "romance" of Clarence Day Jr., and the antics of the boys. The plot holds together, although using catchier songs could have brightened this one up.

• Feb 01, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Mar 13, 2018

So I’m not much of a old Fashion movie person but I found some laughs that was funny. But I only saw part of it

• Jun 25, 2017

Pleasant if some what dated flick about a NY family back in 1883. Dated in that is very much has that broad B'way/vaudeville humor that later translated to early TV. Powell is hammy, Duane is histrionic and the rest of cast passable, including a teen Elizabeth Taylor.

• Jun 26, 2016

A sweet and light hearted family comedy.

A sweet and light hearted family comedy.