Magic Mike - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Magic Mike Reviews

½ December 2, 2017
Terrible terrible movie.
October 24, 2017
Mike only finds potential for love once he quits stripping. A really pointless and regressive conclusion to a film with so many naked men in it, also judgmental. I was also hoping for more comradery among the men. There's mostly just indifference and betrayal. (Then there's the second movie, but that's irrelevant here)
October 13, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Steven Soderbergh encuentra la fórmula para maquillar la objetualización sexual en una introspectiva retórica conflictiva entre lo que se eres bueno haciendo a lo que quieres llegar a hacer.
October 8, 2017
Like a lot Sodebergh films, the pacing is slow and makes for a boring film. The movie was sold on the appeal of male strippers, but there's a solid attempt at a storyline. It just all unfolds in dull fashion.
October 5, 2017
Magic Mike is directed by Steven Soderbergh, and it stars Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Cody Horn, and Matthew McConaughey in a dramedy about a brother who lives with his sister trying to find a job, he ended up being friends with Mike (Channing Tatum), and Mike showed Adam (Alex Pettyfer) his lifestyle of being a male stripper, which Alex gets interested and wanted to be one. People always questioned me about why I was interested in this film or even liked it for that matter, even though they pretty much questioned my sexuality because I liked the film. I told them that I?m not gay, I was interested in the film because it has Steven Soderbergh as the director which he directed some films that I enjoyed, and a lot of films that I haven?t seen but want to see. The reason why I like the film is because it?s not your typical stripper film, heck, the dance scenes aren?t really the focus here. It?s about the characters and their lifestyle of how it?s not really their first choice to go as a male stripper but try to get a lot of money for it, while having fun with the ladies. The acting is really good, which I think is when Channing Tatum is starting to become good and not bland like an average handsome man for the ladies to drool over. The direction by Steven Soderbergh is really good that brings a balance of drama and comedy, but tries to take it serious, which is surprisingly more interesting than I thought was going to be for a male stripper film. The characters are fleshed-out, and when it does go for the dances, it?s choreographed really good that shows the sex appeal to the women that just want to have a good time. The writing is well-written that brings out some human dialogue between Mike and Brooke, while it felt a bit documentarian in the other in a good way. The only issues that I have are that the last act gets really slow for me to handle, and the other male strippers with Mike are just in the background with not much character development to them. Magic Mike is a great film that I?m looking forward to the sequel that I hope makes almost the same impact.
September 22, 2017
Not what I expected, but it was still good. The strip scenes and the Hobbit trailer alone were worth the price of admission. I say, if you want to see it, see it. But if you're on the fence about it, just wait for the DVD.
August 25, 2017
It goes overboard with the depictions of stripping and sexual shenanigans, but Magic Mike also has a surprisingly mature story, brought to the screen by a talented director and cast.
August 22, 2017
starts off well and its engaging however the further the movie progresses the less apparent the storyline is
August 21, 2017
6.5/10 Polished and glamorous, it is quite entertaining once you forget that it describes a disney fairytale with strippers.
August 16, 2017
A stylish, erotic, and often times funny drama film that evaluates the glammer and darkness in the life of a male stripper and offers great performances from Tatum and his fellow cast members, even if the story doesn't quite have the meat that's presented in stage.
½ July 28, 2017
Magic Mike is not only an entertaining male stripper movie for the cougars, it's also a compelling character study for movie fans who want to see a good Steven Soderbergh movie, with great performances from Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey.
July 22, 2017
This movie is lame! The description makes you think that you are going to watch a drama about a guy with great aspirations towards being a furniture designer, but that storyline is way in the back, very much overshadowed by a lot of corny man dancing and one night standing. 3/4 of the way though, I figured this movie has no plot and gave up. It got boring.
July 19, 2017
This made no sense.
Matthew McConaughey looks anorexic.
July 15, 2017
Surprisingly good story considering its content.
While this is blatantly a vehicle to show of Tatumâ(TM)s dancing skills and also one obviously geared to bring legions of female fans for each respective Hollywood stud and the removal of their clothes, it is still an interesting film worthy of staying till the end credits. It is well acted by all concerned - there is an almost adlib quality to some of the dialogue, frantic exchanges often overlapping each other, lending an aspect of realism to the whole piece.

Itâ(TM)s not going to win any Oscars, but it certainly surprised me with how engaging it actually was. A film not be taken at face value...
July 4, 2017
This movie was awesome, it has a lot of good performances all around but especially Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey, it's also great that they can make me care about male strippers.
June 17, 2017
Worth to see Channing Tatum
June 3, 2017
Entertaining, but a little droll.
April 17, 2017
Solid portrayl of life
½ April 6, 2017
No male nudity , wanted to see massive junk swinging about.
½ April 3, 2017
The Do's and Dont's of the Beefcake stripper world.