Panny z Wilka (Young Girls of Wilko) (The Maids of Wilko) Reviews

• Jun 20, 2011

Well, this was pretty good, but I don't think I was really into it, compared to the other Wajda films I've seen. And to be honest, I watched it a couple hours before I had to return it, and my roommate was in the main room with me talking to his friend for about 30 minutes of it, so I couldn't focus entirely (though it had subtitles, so I wasn't extremely distracted). But regardless, it had a pretty good opening, and there were some great scenes. I particularly loved the scene where Wiktor goes to the grave of the deceased girl. I like that we never really find out how she died and that he never really bothers to ask. While a couple of the girls had their own characteristics, I did actually have trouble distinguishing some of them from each other. Anyway, I keep saying with a lot of Wajda's films that I don't really follow the politics involved, and yet this film, the least political of them I've seen, I don't like it as much as the other ones. Still, it was wonderfully photographed, the acting was great, and it did actually have a nice pace to it. I'm trying to see as many of Wajda's films I can get a hold of, so I'm glad I finally saw this one.

• Sep 26, 2010

One of the best movies I have ever seen. x

One of the best movies I have ever seen. x

• Oct 03, 2009

Żadne recenzje ani notki nie opiszą piękna jakie tworzy opowiadanie Iwaszkiewicza w ekranizacji Wajdy z muzyką Szymanowskiego. Genialny film, obezwładniający w sile subtelnych dźwięków każdej sceny. Dzieło kompletne.

• Jul 12, 2009

One of my favourite movies ever... I saw it yesterday again (TVP Kultura) and I was mesmerized one more time...

• Jul 10, 2009

facing missed opportunities from the past. enchanting

facing missed opportunities from the past. enchanting

• Apr 07, 2008

It's a great movie about a man that revisits his past. As the movie goes on, the viewer learns about his relations with 5 sisters, from the perspective of time.

• Mar 20, 2008

very moving and sad..

very moving and sad..

• Oct 05, 2007

This movie was included in the Andrzej Wajda 6 Movie DVD Box Set.

This movie was included in the Andrzej Wajda 6 Movie DVD Box Set.

• Sep 07, 2007

Wajda at his lyrical best. A wonderful women's 'portrait de groupe' as seen through the nostalgic eyes of a man whose identity shall never be clearly defined -- another cinematic 'passenger' of sorts.

• Jun 07, 2006

This movie is really sad.

This movie is really sad.