Mambo Italiano Reviews

• Nov 17, 2020

The most glorious element of this film was it's ridiculously camp decorand costuming redolent of the 1970's, which I got guilty about enjoying, bout these touches were a thin veneer for a story which didn't fly with any integrity of real gay lives. The script re-itetated all the steretypes of a heterosexual purview where heterosexuality is the template and lens through which the otherness of same sex male relationships ate viewed as fake aberrations doomed for failure or caricature. I find it depressing that every screen writer feels compelled to make all gay relationships non functional and doomed to failure. I enjoyed the music, and there were some mildly comic moments, but the characters lacked any emotional depth thus leaving the audience disinterested in their destinies. I still would love to rob the dressing room of the lead protagonist.

• Aug 24, 2018

Loved it 15 years ago, love it more even now. I was Luke Kirby's exact age in the film, and I called out that he was an exceptional actor. He's still in the spotlight today, go figure. Bravo!!!

• May 19, 2018

Even though the plot gets a little jumpy, you can tell a lot of love was put into this movie. Also, I've never seen a movie with a gay Italian guy at the center. It wasn't some sappy love story either, this movie was more realistic than most movies with gay protagonists. Also the characters are pretty charming.

• Nov 20, 2016

Don't waste your time. It's stereotypical without being funny. I can't believe I watched it to the end. Guess I was hoping for a plot twist or line to justify losing two hours of my life. NOT!

• Oct 01, 2016

This is like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Italian stereotypes and typical Mediterranean drama synthesize this comedy that still manages to stay true in the heart and show the real problem as it is. It was fun and entertaining and mostly just to its characters. "Mambo Italiano" is a light-hearted comedy, but underneath its funny surface there is a good and clear purpose.

• Jan 04, 2015

Utterly hilarious! Paul Sorvino is greater than ever!

Utterly hilarious! Paul Sorvino is greater than ever!

• Jan 06, 2014

if i knew it was a gay movie, i wouldn't watch it although i wanna open my mind and learn new things.

• Apr 15, 2013

One of my all time faves!!!!

One of my all time faves!!!!

• Mar 07, 2013

Utterly nauseating Gay Agenda crap.

Utterly nauseating Gay Agenda crap.

• Nov 19, 2012