Margin Call - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Margin Call Reviews

½ November 25, 2016
ok. seemed to be quite slow paced.
½ November 14, 2016
Margin Call is a good business thriller. It keeps tension high with peoples jobs on the line and the future of a company in jeopardy. The performances are all top notch across the board. Jeremy Irons steals the show with his cold, demeanor. Kevin Spacey is good as always and Paul Bettany is great as well. Unfortunately the subject matter just doesn't grasp me and keep me interested. It reminded me of the Big Short, its just really hard for me to stay interested. Still a solid watch.
October 2, 2016
oh, puh-leeze. Could have been fabulous except for the lame script, lame storyline, lame character development.
September 26, 2016
Great, great movie.

By turns Quinto, Bettany, Spacey, Irons, and Tucci steal the show !!!

Do not miss !!!
August 16, 2016
É surpreendente que um filme baseado nos momentos que antecederam a crise financeira de 2008 possa ser tão eletrizante. "Margin Call" traz um elenco em ótima forma e o roteiro (indicado ao Oscar 2012) constrói um cenário apocalíptico do tema, evidenciando a sensação do desastre que está por acontecer. Muito bom!
½ August 14, 2016
It seems I've run into a few movies now focusing on the events of the 2008 stock crash, and they all focus on a different aspect of it. This one on the brokers I guess, to be honest I don't know their roles exactly, they sell insurance bundles or whatever. That my main issue with these movies, I don't know enough about what these people do or what their selling and how it can effect so much the economy. The movie overall is well done, it's scripted and shot well, and they do explain the situation well, expecting the audience may not know in full what is happening. I am one of those people. I do wish I understood it all better, as then this would be a very good movie. It's still interesting and actually gets your attention even though it's all talk and numbers and stuff, it's still and interesting watch, and Kevin Spacey's character and his acting make it all the more better. When combined with other movies The Big Short and 99 Homes it gives a good in film overview of the 2008 stock market drop. Overall it's good, not much feels like it's happening, but it's still interesting stuff even if you don't understand it, with some good acting, actors and script to back it all up.
½ August 12, 2016
GFC: Greedy F##king C##nts
½ July 19, 2016
This was very good. Fast-moving and kept my interest. I'd recommend even if you're not into financial subject matter.
July 12, 2016
One movie that talking about handling wrong-prediction on a company in one night. This full-of-tense movie is easy to understand and really good on story telling.
½ July 12, 2016
Great movie, absorbing one of the major points of the global economic crisis.
½ July 11, 2016
A well crafted drama with several good performances, "Margin Call" deftly handles the 2008 economic crash using an intelligent, finely tuned narrative.
June 10, 2016
Tense thriller! Good watch! Enjoy!
½ June 6, 2016
Good movie. Not thrilled with the ending.
½ June 4, 2016
A film with an interesting and entertaining plot, supported by great performances. It has a very good setting, flowing into the storyline and providing a rich product to the viewers. It is not a movie for every audience though; an economic based plot seems flat and boring, but this film takes a turn on that and delivers perfectly. It's definitely a very well done product, and a must-see film.
½ June 3, 2016
"Margin Call" is a thoroughly engaging, thought-provoking flick chronically one financial firm on the brink before the 2008 near collapse of the US economy.

Kevin Spacey leads a talented cast that includes Jeremy Irons and Stanley Tucci. The acting matches the production and the film is complicated but simplified so the viewer cares about what is going to happen. It's a fine film that is up there with "The Big Short" as to what you may not want to know about Wall Street.
½ May 26, 2016
Good look at the Wall Street side of the market crash..big bad bankers. Started out better, gets a bit slow
½ May 26, 2016
Its a smaller scale movie than The Big Short thats easier to understand.
½ April 30, 2016
I enjoyed it. The acting is good and the story is interesting. I think it may not appeal to everyone. There weren't any dynamic characters and they were all simple. They could've made the story more compelling by showing some of the effects of the sell-off outside the firm. It was enjoyable for me, but not recommended for all people.
April 23, 2016
Great performances from all the cast as, however the film at times feels slow part of that is because they are too many characters too focus on, aside from that the story is good if you like business movies, In the end, its a good movie.
March 28, 2016
Thought this was very good. Stellar cast.