The Medallion Reviews

• Apr 14, 2019

Well, nothing but Jackie Chan fight scenes. And Arthur Watson is a really unlaughable character in this movie.

• Nov 08, 2017

By Far Jackie's worst American movie. The super powers And special effects made the whole movie terrible. I rarely Recommend to pass on a movie but this is one of them.

• Jan 03, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Jun 28, 2016

Okay Jackie Chan vehicle. Based on the cast, which includes Claire Forlani, Julian Sands, John Rhys-Davies and Lee Evans, you'd think this was an English language production, but it's really a Hong Kong production that happens to be suing a largely English speaking cast. This time Jackie plays a HK police dectictive who is killed in an accident involving an ancient medallion which brings him back to life with new super powers. Sands plays the bad guy after the medallion, and Evans plays the annoying comic relief in the film as Chan's parter, and Forlani plays the love interests (which was kind of cool since you almost never see any mixed race couples in film or television). The action sequences are good, as you would expect in a Jackie Chan film, though they're are not his best or patricianly memorable. The main thing I took away from this film is that I miss seeing Forlani in more films ("Mallrats" made me get a crush on her). Overall, this film is probably only for hardcore Jackie Chan fans.

• Jun 26, 2016

Another useless film that stars, Jackie Chan.

Another useless film that stars, Jackie Chan.

• May 19, 2016

Dumb movie. Not worth watching.

Dumb movie. Not worth watching.

• Apr 07, 2016

Terrible film, couldn't finish it, Lee Evans was just too annoying.

Terrible film, couldn't finish it, Lee Evans was just too annoying.

• Oct 31, 2015

Review: This movie was made during the period when Jackie Chan was trying to conquer the US, so the corny storyline and tamed down action scenes were expected. You can tell that Chan was struggling with the language throughout the movie but he still done a good job, especially alongside the crazy Lee Evans. This movie sees Chan (Eddie Yang), playing a Hong Kong detective whose trying to takedown a evil smuggler called Snakehead (Julian Sands). After obtaining a book of secrets which gives him information about a powerful medallion that gives you internal life and special powers, Snakehead goes on the hunt for the Medallion which only works with a little boy. With the help of inspector Watson (Lee Evans), Eddie tracks down Snakehead but he slips through there fingers and moves his operation to Ireland. Whilst battling against Snakehead, Chan dies but he is brought back to life by the powerful medallion. He then goes to Ireland to finish the operation with the help of Nicole (Claire Forlan) and Watson but now he has the powers from the Medallion to help him. When Snakehead gets his hand on the Medallion and the little boy, he realises that it can only work fully with both half's of the Medallion so he has to find Eddie Yang who has the other half. This leads to a big showdown between the two forces, which wasn't that impressive. Lee Evans was a weird choice as a agent because I'm used to seeing him making a fool out of himself on stage. I liked the concept of the movie but the execution wasn't that great and I expected better action scenes from Chan. I'm not a lover of Kung Fu scenes on strings, so the flying around got on my nerves a bit. With that aside, it's a mediocre, watchable movie that is funny in parts, because of Lee Evans but silly in many ways. It's definitely not in the same league as Drunken Master or Rush Hour but it's OK for an English speaking Jackie Chan movie. Average! Round-Up: Although this movie was made for a US market, it was directed by Hong Kong born, Gordon Chan who brought you movies like Fist of Legend with Jet Li, the King of Fighters, Painted Skin and Thunderbolt, which also starred Jackie Chan. I'm slowly beginning to realise that you don't know what your going to get when you watch a Jackie Chan movie but your always guaranteed some great action scenes and some decent acting. There hasn't been an actor that can top Bruce Lee, even though his acting career was so short but Jackie Chan has had a huge success in entertaining audiences around the world with his brilliant karate skills. Its just a a shame that I can't say the same about his movies which I personally find pretty bad at times. Budget: $41million Worldwide Gross: $34million I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/comedy/fantasy movies starring Jackie Chan, Lee Evans, Claire Forlani and Julian Sands. 4/10

• Jun 22, 2015

• Feb 06, 2015

Claire Forlani is beautiful, and Lee Evans is as funny as Chan, but the Medallion drags from a horrible story/concept, and the special effects are not beneficial to the film at all.