Megan Is Missing Reviews

• Oct 06, 2020

Heinous. Brutal abuse towards children. Pedophilic. If I could take back the 1.5 hours of watching this utter trash I would. If I could prevent it from being seen again I would. I hate this movie more than anything I've seen in my entire life. Fuck the people who made this. You need help.

• May 24, 2020

I don't think the target audience for this movie is people into horror movies...more like for the pedophiles.

• Apr 10, 2020

Do I reallyyyy have to explain why this movie is so bad? Lmao

Do I reallyyyy have to explain why this movie is so bad? Lmao

• Mar 24, 2020

What a heap of trash! Poorly directed, written & acted. How did this get made?

What a heap of trash! Poorly directed, written & acted. How did this get made?

• Jun 21, 2019

This was ok considering it's a very low budget indie. It definitely has some flaws, but it's also a source of entertainment. I consider this a slow burn as it's a teenage Restricted drama for 2/3 of the movie and a nasty horror movie for the last 1/3. I see a lot of reviews saying the acting was horrible and that the direction sucked, but imo that's all a matter of perspective... if you're comparing to horrors like Hereditary then you'll come away with those feelings, but if you can understand that it's a low budget indie, the quality of the acting/direction becomes less significant compared to the product as a whole. It was smart for them to use the found footage angle due to the movie's budget. This film won't win any oscars but fans of unsettling horrors could come away feeling like I did.

• Jun 18, 2019

God this was the saddest excuse of a movie i have ever seen. Would rate negative 5 stars if possible

• Aug 15, 2018

I'll give credit to anyone who's managed to watched even half this movie. They got further than I did. It's difficult to say how terrible the acting is, because the writing is worse. It would be impossible for any actor to deliver in a decent performance.

• Apr 13, 2018

Exceeding most of its found-footage counterparts on real-life intensity alone, Megan Is Missing tells the true story of 2 best friends disappearing, and how both cases are likely linked to the same unseen individual. The film takes too long to get going and spends a lot of time trying to set up the central figure's personalities, but doesn't get much further than '1 the popular, the other isn't'. The acting was heavily criticised, but I think the youngsters in it were actually really good. What they said and did felt authentic since they were the appropriate age, and played their parts with enthusiasm and even heart. Some of the shots are allowed to go on way too long and seem to exist only to stretch the movie to feature length, which it doesn't quiet achieve at an hour and 27 minutes. It won't be regarded as being as influential as The Blair Witch Project or as deeply shocking as the recently paroled The Poughkeepsie Tapes, but for fans of the found footage horror genre, Megan Is Missing does have it's fair share of shocks and surprises.

• Mar 07, 2018

A found footage flick that feels like it was designed to fulfill the fantasies of pedo's that dream of keeping 14 year old girls in their basement. Why do I think that? Because the entire movie is shaky found footage came except for the long drawn out rape scene of a virgin teen. Nope that scene was locked down and filmed from start to finish. This flick creeped me out, not because of the theme but how it was crafted.

• Mar 23, 2017

This film is one of the most disturbing films you will ever witness, unfortunately that isn't a good thing. The cringy acting, extremely unnecessary scenes, and bad writing. Megan Is Missing is a film worth skipping, but if you love half based true horror film you may like this one.