Mexican Hayride Reviews

• Oct 21, 2009

my personal favorite filled with some great vaudeville skits!

my personal favorite filled with some great vaudeville skits!

• Jul 05, 2009

I have the collection of these two and I watch them often

I have the collection of these two and I watch them often

• May 25, 2009

After being framed for a swindle by a greasy conman (Abbott), Joe Bascombe (Costello) follows the scoundrel to Mexico to clear his name. Unfortunately, Joe is tricked into being the fall guy for [i]another[/i] scheme. "Mexican Hayride" is the first truly bad Abbott & Costello picture I've seen. Not only is the storyline illogical (even by Abbott & Costello standards), but the best gags in here will evoke mild chuckles at best. Even if it was included in the DVD multipack "The Best of Abbott & Costello Vol. 3", this is probably one of their worst. One very strange thing about this film is that it was based on a successful musical from the early 1940s. However, there is only one song in the film and it isn't even by Cole Porter, who wrote the music for the original stage production. Mexican Hayride Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Luba Malina, Tim Powers, Pat Costello, Virginia Grey and John Hubbard Director: Charles Barton

• Mar 29, 2009

My favorite A&C scene of all time in this one in which Lou impersonates an elderly senorita manning a tortilla cart.

• Jan 17, 2009

This is okay, but not one of their better ones. I felt the plot kinda got dull. As always, it does have some hilarious moments, but it isn't quite up to par with some of their other movies.

• Nov 16, 2008

It's a nice change of pace to see Bud & Lou being more antagonistic with one another and the running gag with Costello dancing the samba is marvelous. The climactic bullfight has a great cartoon logic to it the scenes where the boys are in disguise are always good fun.

• Anthony V Super Reviewer
    Jun 27, 2008

Some great Abbot and Costello bits. The bullfight is classic.

Some great Abbot and Costello bits. The bullfight is classic.

• Jun 23, 2008

As usual, Abbott and Costello get themselves into a sticky situation. Costello has to fight a bull. Good fun.

• Mar 07, 2008