Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol Reviews

March 23, 2017
Exciting and enjoyable as the other MI movies.
½ March 6, 2017
Five years after the third film we once again get a different director and with that a different style and for me this is slightly better than the third film though not a total triumph over that entry in the series since I feel the main villain is weak and not all that memorable but besides that this is an excellent action film. Tom Cruise is at his best, the supporting cast (especially those on his team) are solid, I love the action since it mixes real stunts and CGI perfectly, the score is solid, I like the plot, the script balances wit and seriousness really well and I like the pacing.
March 5, 2017
It was a great movie.
February 7, 2017
I'm a sucker for these movies.
½ February 7, 2017
I expected a high budget, wise-cracking action film, and that's exactly what I got.
January 25, 2017
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is essentially the perfect spy film: providing an exceptional story, amazing effects, and well played characters.
January 17, 2017
Ghost Protocol resurrected a franchise and reinforced Tom Cruise as the action star he deserves to be. The set piece in the Burj Khalifa was worth the price of an admission ticket alone
½ January 9, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of the mission impossible movies but I love Brad Bird
January 5, 2017
The Tom Cruise stunt where he's scaling the Kremlin, nuff said.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 29, 2016
This movie is just as good as the other Mission Impossible movies. Good action and special effects.
½ December 28, 2016
While this did occasionally drag on for way too long, overall it was pretty good. Say what you want about Tom Cruise, but the guy knows how to get the job done in front of the camera. This is about what I have come to expect from the series at this point. Worth watching if this is your kind of movie.
December 6, 2016
Particularly those that feel the Daniel Craig era Bond has gotten too gritty should enjoy the over the top spy gadgetry featured in this Ethan Hunt outing but I'll take the first and third films over this any day. It's fun but disposable.
December 1, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: We're back to square one with Mission: Impossible, and thus we have one hell of a fun ride to behold. This movie is all about fun and style and I reckon you'll be hard-pushed to find a blockbuster that can slap quite such a big smile on your face. The racing action pieces, locations, lush cinematography, score and humour... it's all there people. Strap yourselves in for a blockbuster joy ride.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Going back to basics does mean we don't quite feel the engagement of the more sophisticated third instalment.
VERDICT: Forgetting the serious character moments and moving plot elements of its predecessor means its back to basics, and that's both a good and bad thing.
November 29, 2016
The best movie so far by far. Great cast.
November 27, 2016
The sequence in Dubai it is a masterpiece. Too bad the rest of the movie doesn't hold up with alot of exposition mumbo-jumbo, incredibely weak villain and predictable. Anyhow the action is amazing as the cinematography with generally good editing and compelling likable characters. Drawing all these points together Ghost Protocol is a very entertaining movie with edge of your seat action scenes but predictable with some heavy exposition scenes. It is a must watch for action junkies and movie fans although an average viewer might lose interest and see through the plot holes.
November 22, 2016
It's really cool and interesting that Brad Bird decided to do a Mission Impossible movie and make it his first live-action movie. What got me a bit worried at first, were the writers who are relatively unknown and only do TV shows, and that Brad Bird isn't writing the movie. As is, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is a really great movie that just keeps getting bigger and bigger in the series. Tom Cruise is fantastic in this, and Simon Pegg is really funny also. The new cast like Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton are really good. The action scenes are very exciting to watch and can get tense also. The humor is pretty funny, and the characters are still likable, even the new characters except for the main villain who is the most weak part of the film. It's not like the performance isn't bad as Michael Nyquist did a decent job, but he was barely in it and I don't know anything about him other then he's a bad guy, which I find really lazy. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is what it is, an enjoyable popcorn and agent movie that still brings a lot of energy and creative things to the table which is very unlikely to see for a fourth movie.
November 4, 2016
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol is a must see action packed adrenaline rush!
½ October 28, 2016
Worth the price of admission for the Dubai sequence alone. Rather clever for an action flick.
½ October 28, 2016
Best Mission yet. Suspenseful scenes and great action sequences.