Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol Reviews

December 6, 2016
Particularly those that feel the Daniel Craig era Bond has gotten too gritty should enjoy the over the top spy gadgetry featured in this Ethan Hunt outing but I'll take the first and third films over this any day. It's fun but disposable.
December 1, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: We're back to square one with Mission: Impossible, and thus we have one hell of a fun ride to behold. This movie is all about fun and style and I reckon you'll be hard-pushed to find a blockbuster that can slap quite such a big smile on your face. The racing action pieces, locations, lush cinematography, score and humour... it's all there people. Strap yourselves in for a blockbuster joy ride.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Going back to basics does mean we don't quite feel the engagement of the more sophisticated third instalment.
VERDICT: Forgetting the serious character moments and moving plot elements of its predecessor means its back to basics, and that's both a good and bad thing.
November 29, 2016
The best movie so far by far. Great cast.
November 27, 2016
The sequence in Dubai it is a masterpiece. Too bad the rest of the movie doesn't hold up with alot of exposition mumbo-jumbo, incredibely weak villain and predictable. Anyhow the action is amazing as the cinematography with generally good editing and compelling likable characters. Drawing all these points together Ghost Protocol is a very entertaining movie with edge of your seat action scenes but predictable with some heavy exposition scenes. It is a must watch for action junkies and movie fans although an average viewer might lose interest and see through the plot holes.
November 22, 2016
It's really cool and interesting that Brad Bird decided to do a Mission Impossible movie and make it his first live-action movie. What got me a bit worried at first, were the writers who are relatively unknown and only do TV shows, and that Brad Bird isn't writing the movie. As is, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is a really great movie that just keeps getting bigger and bigger in the series. Tom Cruise is fantastic in this, and Simon Pegg is really funny also. The new cast like Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton are really good. The action scenes are very exciting to watch and can get tense also. The humor is pretty funny, and the characters are still likable, even the new characters except for the main villain who is the most weak part of the film. It's not like the performance isn't bad as Michael Nyquist did a decent job, but he was barely in it and I don't know anything about him other then he's a bad guy, which I find really lazy. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is what it is, an enjoyable popcorn and agent movie that still brings a lot of energy and creative things to the table which is very unlikely to see for a fourth movie.
November 4, 2016
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol is a must see action packed adrenaline rush!
½ October 28, 2016
Worth the price of admission for the Dubai sequence alone. Rather clever for an action flick.
½ October 28, 2016
Best Mission yet. Suspenseful scenes and great action sequences.
October 21, 2016
This was a fun movie to watch; much better than I anticipated. Usually sequels have totally run their course by the fourth time, but not so here. In fact, this might even be the best of the Mission Impossible films.

It has a good mixture of interesting action scenes, suspense, drama, humor, great scenery of Venice, Italy, and fine acting. Nothing is overdone to the point of being too much and, as most MI films go, it has the normal espionage-type intrigue to figure out.

It's just plain entertaining. Kudos to all: the director, the actors and the special-effects and cameraman. A superb job done all around.
½ October 19, 2016
Staying more close to what the original show had to offer, M-I-4 is a high adrenaline ride with nonstop action, astonishing stunts, an interesting plot, with a classic score. This is the best mission yet, and one of the best action flicks of the year.
½ October 15, 2016
A welcome restart to the "Mission Impossible" movie series.
October 14, 2016
There's truthfully not much to dislike here. It's pretty solid. Maybe the franchise standout.
October 9, 2016
Highly watchable and entertaining effort, and unusually for this franchise, a movie with a sense of humour about itself. Action sequences are more creative and visually interesting than is the norm for action blockbusters, although shooting and editing of close combat is still a little too frenzied as is the contemporary fashion. Pity also about a sketchy villain who see motivations barely exist or make sense and is essentially insignificant in the overall picture.
October 4, 2016
Stop with the blasphemy
September 29, 2016
After this morning's viewing I needed something lighter!
½ September 19, 2016
Nice to see more of an ensemble, instead of just Tom Cruise the one-man show.
½ September 17, 2016
Good action. Better than one MI
September 5, 2016
Features nice supporting turns from Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg, amazing action sequences, and assured directing and pacing yet it's weighed down by terrible performances from Tom Cruise and Paula Patton
½ August 26, 2016
A major step forward from its three predecessors, while it still doesn't contain the action of Bourne, or the suave of Bond, Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol doesn't fail to entertain for its entire run-time. Full of intense action, a strong plot and a sense of fun, MI:4 more than makes up for its few flaws.
Verdict: A-
August 22, 2016
This is how a franchise should be, rebooted in a way. It has everything, from an interesting story to suspenseful scenes and nail-biting action set pieces. This is a prime example of how action movies should be made.