The Mothman Prophecies Reviews

• Jan 09, 2021

Excellent movie starring Richard Gere!!!

Excellent movie starring Richard Gere!!!

• Oct 31, 2020

Early 00s classic horror-thriller

Early 00s classic horror-thriller

• Oct 21, 2020

Liked it in the 90's, didn't have the weight upon watching it again in the 2020's. Wasn't as spooky, given the storytelling and special effect advances in recent years. OK to not see again.

• Oct 18, 2020

Ive never seen a movie have such a constant eerie atmosphere to it. Even in scenes with complete daylight I was on the edge of my seat scared out of my mind. I think this movie is incredibly under rated and Im so happy I finally got around to watching it

• Oct 14, 2020

It has flaws in its directing and script but it also has some effective aspects in those parts as well. The Mothman Prophecies will most likely disappoint fans of the book it's based on, but I think some fans of horror movies can find something to like in this psychological horror-thriller with its dreadful and creepy atmosphere and the decent performances.

• Jul 01, 2020

The creepiness is effective but the rest of it doesn't leave the actors with much to work with.

• Jun 12, 2020

Gere is a journalist that's lost his wife and stumbled upon something other-worldly trying to communicate. There's visions of upcoming disaster are based on a true story from the 60s in West Virginia.

• May 24, 2020

A decent thriller with some very creepy moments, but it's not Oscar winning material. The Mothman Prophecies benefits from a strong performance by Richard Gere, alongside Laura Linney, both of them are good together. The scare factor also increases with the fact that this story is inspired by some real mysterious events. But the problem with this movie is the script, which is quite uneven. It's good to have a script which develops itself well, but this script is a little too slow for its own good. A lot have complained that little is explained in this pic. That's true, but I personally think that it actually contributes to the creepiness of this movie. I like how the theme of grief and the lines between reality and fiction are also delt with in this film. Overall, it's not a terrific supernatural thriller, but if you're looking for a few nice scares, then this one is recommended!!

• Apr 22, 2020

The movie is a bit of a mess, with little explanation as to what is really happening. But it has style and an eeriness that makes it its own unique film, and I can respect that. Despite the flaws, this one holds strong nostalgia for me.

• Apr 21, 2020

Oh God what even was the point of this movie? It was so godawful and made absolutely no sense. The monster, with the amazingly otherworldly name 'Indrid Cold' (I'm sure that didn't come from the mind of a DnD fan) is literally playing parlour tricks with Gere. 'What's in my hand?' 'Chapstick'. This went on for quite a while. What was this movie?