Mr. Wrong Reviews

July 13, 2010
Usually I don't give films such a low rating, but this was undoubtedly one of the worst films I have ever seen. Ellen held on for dear life, but between Bill Pullman's over the top performance and the terrible script, it was headed for disaster right off.
½ February 3, 2010
Without a doubt one of the worst films I've ever seen. I could write at great length as to why this film fails in so many ways but I don't want to, I have better things to do and I have already wasted 97 minutes of my life watching it. Needless to say, there is nothing of quality contained in this film and you should avoid it at all costs!
Naughtia
½ May 14, 2010
I enjoyed watching this movie. Ellen DeGeneres is a woman who seeks the perfect man to start a relationship with but when she seemingly finds Mr. Right, he turns out to be Mr. Wrong because he shows an entirely different and wacky personality. When she tries to convince all the other people about his personality changes they won't believe her. I had loads of fun watching this movie but it seemed a little cheesy at times.
April 25, 2008
Bill Pullman is wonderfully creepy in this movie.
qtmemoe
½ January 20, 2008
This film was FUNNY and prety underrated. Im not an Ellen Degeneres fan but I liked thismovie.
iLeo
½ April 12, 2007
Very funny!
½ June 17, 2012
Mr. Wrong is like What About Bob? on acid. It starts off with a slow boil. But once it gets moving, it really gets moving. Forget the fact that everybody already knows about Ellen's background. The fact of the matter is that this work is so twisted that one can't help but laugh at it. Even more ironic is that DeGeneres' Martha really isn't the star of the movie, although she is the lead. Co-star Bill Pullman and Joan Cusack as Whitman Crawford and his ex, Inga Gunther make for the majority of the movie's laughs. Sitcoms have used the insane admirer and crazed ex plots many times over both before and after this movie. Sometimes by themselves and sometimes together. So those audiences who would want to lambast this movie for its outrageousness would be well served to lambast those sitcoms, too.

What sets Mr. Wrong apart from the sitcoms that have used the noted plots is just how over the top Whitman and Inga are. That Whitman would go so far as to use the children of his mother's housekeep to kidnap Martha and take her to Mexico is so bizarre that one can't help but laugh at how outrageous it is. And Inga's threats again Martha are just as worth the laughs. Fans will find themselves laughing uncontrollably as Inga tells Bob to put gum in Martha's hair early on. And of course there's the even funnier bit about putting honey and ants on martha's face. The ants themselves are the kicker of that joke.

Mr. Wrong may not be one of the more memorable movies of the 90's. But take a moment to consider the number of rom-coms that have been copied and re-copied time and again. Now considering those now far too stale works, they actually make Mr. Wrong worth at least one watch
November 22, 2008
Meh. More creepy than anything, there's really not enough funny to go around. Bill Pullman tries hard to make stalking funny, but halfway through it was just tired shtick. I spent most of the movie wondering how it took so long for people to realize Ellen was gay...
January 11, 2007
Sooo funny! This movie is hilarious! Although he is stalking her throughout the film I still can't stop laughing when I'm watching it! Bill Pullman is crazzzy in this movie. It's funny crazy but still crazy! This is one of Ellen's best!
½ January 26, 2008
WTF was Bill Pullman thinking? This was Ellens first run at movies, and it was a failure.
I hated this movie, more than gross hot lunches in elementary school.
½ October 23, 2007
Great and funny film. Everyone is great in it and it's funny. That's if you buy Ellen DeGeneres performance. Still good.
½ May 23, 2007
One of the more ironically titled movies of all time. Ellen tryin to get hitched with a guy. Hilarious.
½ April 28, 2007
What a great guy, lol. He just won't take no for an answer. Other than that, he's kind of sweet....that makes it all the more scary!
½ April 8, 2007
1/2 a star because although it's the worst movie I've ever seen it does remind me why dating is dangerous
March 26, 2007
If you've never seen it... you've gotta watch it! Ellen is so funny in this movie, it's kind of like a fatal attraction comedy.
October 26, 2006
AH, my balls!! Oh wait, watching this movie only SEEMED like getting kicked in the nuts..got confused there for a second.
August 15, 2006
I didnt like this movie too much because at the time I wasn't all into the whole "stalker" thing he did to Ellen. Plus she's a lesbo and its hard to imagine a guy chasing after her.
½ May 1, 2015
We would soon come to find out just how wrong but this farce of a comedy should have given us an idea.
October 9, 2009
Stupid Bill Pullman, she's Gay!
January 12, 2015
Stupid Bill Pullman, she's Gay!