Mumia: Long Distance Revolutionary Reviews

• Jan 19, 2015

..... Mostly unknown agitators reading his writings Cornell West More hagiography and agit prop than documentary Runs slightly over two hours to cram in as many revolutionaries as possible.

• Dec 01, 2014

Very in depth documentary about a man who might have killed a cop, but that doesn't define him, he's way better than that sad incident. He's a political analyst and social critic bar none.

• May 06, 2013

Be aware that the critiques low ratings don't have anything to do with the quality of the movie, but reflect a political stance against Mumia. This is a great documentary from all points of view and one that anybody with a concern for human dignity should go see, if nothing else, to take a stance against all the censorship it was subjected to.

• May 04, 2013

Everyone in West Philadelphia knows that Mumia did not kill officer Faulkner. We know who did it, and we know that that never mattered to the police and prosecutors who were determined to silence Mumia for his scathing criticisms of governmental racism, police brutality and social oppression. Rather than retrying the legal case, flawed as it was, this movie is the story of a successful radio journalist, imprisoned for 30 years, whose passion has always been to expose social injustices. Through interviews and public records, this movie traces his journalistic career from the age of 15 until the present day. For many this will be the first time Mumia's voice has ever been heard. His story is eloquently illustrated through disturbing film clips, first-hand testimonials, and his own voice. The real question here is this: Will you watch the move and make up your own mind, or have you already swallowed the story that has been perpetuated by the hate-mongers of talk radio and the mindless followers of corrupt organizations?

• Mar 14, 2013

I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for this film, visit Charlotte and you will see me on the front row!

• Mar 14, 2013

Free Mumia and all political prisoners now.....

Free Mumia and all political prisoners now.....

• Mar 14, 2013

I greatly enjoyed this film. It provides the context in Philly at the time and that was worth the price of the ticket. I understand much more fully now the case of Mumia and I am now a supporter.

• Mar 13, 2013

This was a SURPRISE TREAT!!! Ifirst learned of MUMIA'S case in 1999/2000 I wrote a paper for a criminal justice class. His story angered me as well as PROPELLED me to tell everyone I knew about the injustice and railroading he received. This movie updated me on the MANY MANY radio news shows as well as his journalistic contributions to an ARRAY of college students, sports fans, visitors etc. If you believe JUSTICE IS TRUELY BLIND I implore you to see this movie!!

• Mar 11, 2013

An engaging look at this "controversial" figure. The impressive and deep cast give voice to a man intentionally silenced by the mainstream media. The portions on his journalist background in particular, help portray him as a talented intellect armed with the power of persuasion, a charismatic voice and a message that was indeed threatening to the status quo. A great story, told well.

• Mar 11, 2013

I've seen the film and from my perspective I found this movie to be great. It makes you think, something that my generation tends not to do. Over all I think it is a must see for anyone that enjoys film.