Lo Squartatore di New York (The New York Ripper) Reviews

• Dee
    Aug 29, 2019

The New York Ripper isn’t worth anyone’s time. It fails as a campy thriller in almost every single way. The labor hours it took to restore this film was wasted. Please don’t watch this.

• Aug 08, 2019

Is this a great movie? Not especially. Is it as bad as what many people say it is? No! People need to manage their expectations going into this movie. That being said this is not for everyone. It's a movie filled with sex, nudity and loads of gore. The fact that the killer sounds like Donald Duck, to me, is a tad amusing. Definately do NOT watch if you're squimish. You've been warned.

• Sep 29, 2018

Prestige sleaze cinema at it's absolute finest. The second greatest grind house film ever made behind The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

• Jun 26, 2018

extremely eerie something very heavy about the motifs.

extremely eerie something very heavy about the motifs.

• Jan 16, 2018

most slasher movies i hate, i loved this one though.

most slasher movies i hate, i loved this one though.

• Aug 20, 2016

A pesar de que El Destripador de Nueva York tiene una fuerte influencia del cine americano de los 70, lo cierto es que no puede engañarnos y deja notar que es Fulci en estado puro. Aunque la historia de este thriller no es algo para lanzar cohetes (y el misterio que pretende plantear es un poco más que irrisorio) hay una perversidad explícita que hace que la trama te sobrecoja. Eso sí, sigue sin tener mucho sentido a momentos. En cuanto a la realización tenemos lo de siempre: cámara en mano, mucho zoom, musica psicodelica, gore del intenso...ya sabéis, lo bueno. Sin duda una de esas películas oscuras que los amantes del género tienen que explorar.

• Jun 24, 2016

I don't know why I didn't like this the first time around, but it was pretty good. Vicious and sadistic, with a great score, even if it's a bit schlocky. The killer's voice in this had me howling every time. I'll rewatch this movie for that alone. This is one of the better Fulci films for me.

• Dec 01, 2015

The killer's duck impression is damn infectious.

The killer's duck impression is damn infectious.

• Oct 16, 2015

A very sleazy, gory and controversial giallo. It's actually a good film if you can handle the afformentioned though with a good plot and soundtrack too.

• Jul 22, 2015

Sleazy little giallo with tons of Lucio Fulci's trademark gore. I love this film it may well be misogynistic to some but it all done so tongue in cheek it's hard to believe anyone could take this seriously. It's a nasty fast paced slasher, not for the faint at heart but hey it's a horror film if you don't like graphic violence watch something else.