Nightmare in Badham County Reviews

• Feb 10, 2018

3.5/5. Nightmare in Badham County is really solid for exploitation, B-Movie. Likable, smart leads, evil villains, and a compelling story. It's not impressive on a technical level, but the movie makes you feel something...mostly rage and despair.

• Apr 22, 2017

One of the better women wrongly imprisoned movies made. The racism is very realistically done. The lead actress Deborah Raffin went on to become really famous in China for years.

• Dec 16, 2014

Two female students from Pennsylvania on a road trip get a taste of Southern hospitality after a flat tire in the wrong county leads them to cross the local sherriff (Chuck Connors!). A sentence to hard labour on a prison farm is their reward from the local justice system with no contact to the outside world. Viewers should be cautioned that the rather chesty female prison guard on the Vidmark box cover does not appear in the film.

• May 01, 2014

Thursday, May 1, 2014 (1976) Nightmare in Badham County DRAMA/ SUSPENSE Initially made for TV, but now available for rental with extra scenes that can give this film a "R" rating. Stars Deborah Raffin and Lynne Moody as college Co-eds Cathy Phillips and Diane Emery going on a road trip. They're then stopped, confronted and then harassed by a monstrous racist sheriff named Danen (Chuck Conners) who happens to be related to the judge and mayor which anyone with a brain would know that anyone family who have that much authority and connections of any city are going expect total abuse of proper authority. The atrocities depicted in this movie is reminiscent of many sleazy and cheap 'women in prison' films except that when viewers watch this, they're thinking they're going to see the two best looking actresses naked at some point and are going to see other girls naked instead, which is nothing wrong with that except that their not as good looking as Raffin and Moody which an obvious body double was being used on scene. The acting is quite atrocious with inconsistencies involving the amount of women outnumbering the sadistic guards and wardens which they could've taken over with a protest. And the ending was totally uncalled for too, giving viewers the assumption that it was based on fact which the idea may have derived from an actual incident, but that the actual inflictions are totally fiction. 1/2 a star out of 4

• Feb 10, 2013

I had never even heard of this film until I got it in a 20-pack of action films (Though this is certainly not an action film), but I was blown away by it. I found it to be a gripping, emotional, and thrilling prison drama about two women who are wrongly accused and convicted of crimes and are forced to work on a prison farm where they are abused and girls are killed. It's a beautifully made film that really needs more attention because it is quite good. This is one hell of a diamond in the rough, I must say. I'm glad I randomly found it because it is one of the best film watching surprises I've ever had.

• Dec 14, 2010

This is a fantastic movie.

This is a fantastic movie.

• Aug 22, 2010

ididn't think it would be good but it was very good and very sad, iwanted to kill that fuckin sheriff

• Dec 27, 2009

I rilly Like this movie allot I wish they would put it on DVD So I can Buy it .. 2 girls get trapped in a small town slave camp by a corrupt cop .. This if I recall is based on A true story..