Noordzee, Texas (North Sea Texas) Reviews

• Dec 12, 2019

Pretty sad tale of a kid trapped in a life ruined by his mom in France.

Pretty sad tale of a kid trapped in a life ruined by his mom in France.

• Dec 09, 2017

Exploration of sexuality in a mid-20th century Belgium is wonderfully shown in this film, which tackles young love and lust. I wish the characters were more developed in terms of Pim's attraction to his mother's partner, but overall Pim's relationship is very well emotionally developed.

• Jun 25, 2017

Slow building yet well done coming of age story for a gay boy in Flanders. Brings home the angst, longing and reading so much in to every little thing so many of us went through as teenagers.

• Oct 30, 2016

Short but slow, the characters are quite well realized, and it's got a few very touching scenes to reward you if you can get past the first twenty minutes.

• Sep 29, 2016

A rather melancholy film, with great performances, and sharp direction. Even if the film ends a little abruptly

• Aug 02, 2016

Very well-known story line but represented with beautiful cinematography.

Very well-known story line but represented with beautiful cinematography.

• Feb 29, 2016

I loved North Sea Texas. I was a lot like Pim. Shy, dreamy, curious, romantic, strong-willed, and resolute. After reading what audience members and critics had to say, I noticed no one has mentioned the smaller boy lying at the water's edge, drowned I suppose, when Pim runs naked across the beach. Is the drowned boy a dream? Who is he? I don't know how he'd fit into the plot, and he might confuse an audience when the next scene is a funeral procession, presumably for Gino and Sabrina's mom. This movie really gets to your heart. For me the point is unconditional acceptance. Maybe the somewhat wooden and two-dimensional characters are that way for this reason.

• Jan 17, 2016

Beautiful in many ways,fantastic cinematography, a very well-known storyline,but still with the amazing talents of the young lead it managed to deliver in all possible ways.

• Oct 18, 2015

hard to understand, but good movie.

hard to understand, but good movie.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Mar 08, 2015

A frustrating drama that uses a teenage boy's sexual awakening to shape a narrative that drags so unforgivably and seems constructed solely around endless silences, "meaningful glances" and contrived situations, and it doesn't help a bit that the acting is terrible.