Office Space - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Office Space Reviews

October 28, 2017
If you've ever worked at a monotonous and boring job, then this one's for you...
½ October 6, 2017
Approximately 17 years ago I first saw Office Space and found it underwhelming. But at the time I was working at a place more like Chotchkie?s so the struggle of these office workers didn?t totally resonate with me. Now that I?ve been working for a long time at a place more like Initech, it seemed like the movie might be more impactful. While Initech is run in a way that is definitely exaggerated, you can feel the authenticity of it. I?ve had conversations that sounded just like this in the past, and I think I?ve even been the Gary Cole character occasionally. So, I was buying into this movie a lot better this time, and laughed more.

I?m not sure that Office Space is quite a laugh-out-loud comedy, though. It has some situational comedy that certainly made me chuckle, but there were few moments that went beyond that. The best parts are the scenes right after Ron Livingston is hypnotized. That?s where he starts doing things many other people only dream about. The interview where he is brutally honest was downright cathartic for me to experience vicariously through him. The other comedy treat is literally any line from Stephen Root as the mild-mannered Milton. His struggle with the stapler and his ever-moving desk is great.

I?m not sure all the minor characters were justified in Office Space. The nosy neighbor was only good for one joke, and frankly it wasn?t all that funny. But even more questionable was the relationship with Jennifer Aniston. Was there any purpose to that subplot other than to point out people can hate their job no matter what it may be? They didn?t have any chemistry, and being in a relationship didn?t change anything for Livingston?s character. As you can see, I wasn?t totally enamored with Office Space, it?s not my favorite comedy. But I connected with the story, and that correlation to my day-to-day reality made it work much better this time.
September 19, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I like.
September 8, 2017
Yeah.....that be great
August 27, 2017
*Great Movie. The advertising that says that Mike Judge the creator of B&B, is very misleading. This is not a movie for the B&B crowd.
August 1, 2017
Boring garbage not funny at all movie.
½ July 23, 2017
Office Space has a truly hilarious sting of jokes, and a wonderfully gut busting opening 10 minutes, but it's jokes are eventually spaced out farther and farther apart as the film progresses, and not all of them land. The lead character, while well acted, I found to be a tad bland, and instead I enjoyed other characters such as the IT guys, and his neighbor to be much funnier. The Milton character seemed to show promise for some really funny things, but he was so underused that I could not help but be disappointed. Jennifer Aniston shows up here, as a character for a live interest, which works well enough, but I though Gary Cole was marvelous as Initechs boss, and I really enjoyed his performance. Overall, Office Space is nothing that will make me clamor for another viewing immediately, but I can see myself watching this over again in the future, and I did get some genuinely good laughs out of this
May 31, 2017
A good mix of sharp dialogue, witty lines, satirical characters and situations and a deadpan tone. I can see why Mike Judge's Office Space has become this sort of working class comedy classic.
May 26, 2017
What makes this relatable comedy work best is the solid cast and incredibly funny and witty script since the plot isn't the best and does all end a little conveniently but least it is enjoyable and I was laughing throughout.
½ May 22, 2017
A nice little comedy that pokes fun at the typical office happenings and characters. It has aged well and is still relevant. Nice characters and sound bites.
April 27, 2017
Not perfect but I like it
April 6, 2017
Absolutely hilarious. When you get home from the office, watch it!
April 5, 2017
Really funny-anyone who works in an office will appreciate it.
April 4, 2017
One of the funniest movies I've ever seen!
March 6, 2017
A witty, snappy and above all hilarious satire on the grind of office work and labouring in a job you hate simply for the pay check and nothing else. Mike Judge makes an impressive live-action debut, utilises the strengths of his actors and picking apart the gripes of menial office workers who are constantly berated for the most trivial of errors and receive no thanks whatsoever for the things they achieve. The laughs are quite unevenly spread, with the first 30 minutes containing the funniest jokes and character moments. The rest of it isn't dull by any means, but it never matches its comedic quality. I really enjoyed the performances, the concept, the jokes and the fact that, while it may take a few strange turns, it stays relatively faithful to its core values. Definitely worth a watch.
February 21, 2017
Top notch look at office work life from Mike Judge. Love the running TPS report joke as well the consultants and the restaurant manager. Often nails it.
½ February 18, 2017
Simultaneously funny and depressing.
½ January 30, 2017
Definitely a cult film. Parts of this film are very funny and now iconic. A couple of performances are good and the way it represents working in an office looks realistic. The biggest problem is the character Milton. He's supposed to be funny but he was one of the most annoying characters ever put to screen. Took a lot of my pleasure away from the movie.
January 19, 2017
A classic for anyone in the workforce. Everyone has or will have a boss and coworkers like this group. Great one liners. Love it!
½ January 12, 2017
An entertaining salute to the daily grind of the office worker. Bitchin' soundtrack too.