Oldboy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oldboy Reviews

January 10, 2016
I have seen this movie about ten times in addition to the remake and it remains the best movie of all time, despite having to read subtitles. Perfect in every way... lets see someone try to criticize perfection.
May 28, 2016
Let's face it, no one saw that coming, one of my favourite films ever
May 25, 2016
hands down my favorite movie!
May 22, 2016
There are no words! Wow!
May 21, 2016
Extremely violent and twisted but definitely exciting
May 9, 2016
Una oscura, violenta, misteriosa, divertida y hermosa película. Un drama original y solido, impactante y único. Una verdadera obra maestra...
½ March 11, 2016
Gripping action carries the load for this cinema standard, but, as the plot develops, the movie becomes increasingly unbelievable. This caused me to lose interest towards the climax because Oh Daesu was so likable early on. I will say it's a film worth watching once as long as it hasn't been spoiled beforehand.
½ May 6, 2016
Korean Cinema at his best.This is one of the very best movie of the beginning of the century and a must see for any Fan of Cinema. From start to finish we are in for a great dark and gritty ride whose The end is absolutely mind blowing. So yes OLdboy is awesome and unless shocking head troubles you ,you will probably watch one of the best movie made in a long time.
½ April 27, 2016
Oldboy is unapologetically original and is one of the best mysteries and tragedies in film history. It is visually amazing and disturbing. It will stay with you long after you've seen it.
½ April 24, 2016
A vicious, violent movie about revenge, its tune is so dark, and so depressing, but this movie packs one of the most terrifying ending in the movie history.
½ April 12, 2016
very well made movie,quite disturbing though...worth watching.
March 13, 2014
A masterpiece that demands every second of your attention. If you're going to watch a movie called Oldboy watch the Korean original not the American remake.
March 31, 2016
watched this and instantly got in my top 10
½ January 28, 2011
Some very cool action sequences inside this revenge story.
July 1, 2014
The original, ands till best. It's pretty damn wild.
March 20, 2016
While the tale of revenge is strong, the story of incest makes it more disturbing.
March 9, 2016
Powerful and raw, Oldboy serves as one of the best examples of action dramas done right.
Grade: A+
February 26, 2016
I was expecting a pretty good revenge story, and got something that hit me much deeper than I thought it would. Oldboy is a very dark film, and has some disturbing scenes, it is definitely not for the faint of heart. Perfectly acted, especially by the lead (I'd butcher his name) tense and great pacing throughout. Oldboy is a film that will not be soon forgotten.