One Crazy Summer Reviews

• Jul 12, 2020

It is a mixed bag but it is often really funny.

It is a mixed bag but it is often really funny.

• Jun 16, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3/5) The romantic aspects of this story were weak, but as a comedy there were chuckles to be found here and there. Unfortunately, the overall story was neither original nor significant. Duration/Tempo: (3/5) At 1 hour and 33 minutes, it's a very short film that felt longer. Wasn't bad, but it definitely dragged a bit. Cast & Crew: (4/5) The cast was easily the best asset of this film. Exceeding the content of the story, John Cusack and Demi Moore were very good. Loved seeing a young Jeremy Piven in one of his earliest roles. Bobcat Goldthwait and Curtis Armstrong were memorable, as was Kimberly Foster. Summary: (3.5/5) The story was less than good and the film toiled a little despite its actual shorter length. However, the young cast was very good and mesmerizing. Overall, a thumbs up.

• Apr 08, 2020

Funny and entertaining romance between Cusack and Moore. Bobcat Goldthwait steals the show.

• Mar 24, 2020

Great summer movie! One of my favorite 80s movies!

Great summer movie! One of my favorite 80s movies!

• Oct 18, 2019

Absolute classic 80's comedy!!! I remember seeing this in theaters when it released Aug. 8th 1986. It has an excellent cast of whom today are VERY well known actors and actresses. Total laugh riot!! With nothing as unforgettable as Egg chopping off the rear end of Teds Ferrari, and making use of its engine to power them to victory in the Nantucket Regatta!!! Definitely on my list of all time favorite movies.

• Oct 06, 2019

This was awful! One of the worst movie I've ever seen. The storyline was extremely immature. I can't believe they wasted time and money on this film. The best part of the film was that it was filmed in beautiful Nantucket, they even ruined that!

• Jul 02, 2019

One Crazy Summer is a hilarious comedy with enough heart to work it's charms.

One Crazy Summer is a hilarious comedy with enough heart to work it's charms.

• Apr 21, 2019

Bobcat as Godzilla is 80’s Cinema at its finest.

Bobcat as Godzilla is 80’s Cinema at its finest.

• Apr 19, 2019

Better off dead is still one of the funniest cult teen movie of the 80's. One Crazy Summer tried to follow in its footsteps. Good verses Evil, romance, strange secondary characters and a different style of weird humor. I felt Better off Dead pulled this premise off better. Curtis Armstrong was much better in his roll in BOD than here. The ski race was more compelling than the boat race. All this said OCS is not without its charms and of course any movie with Mark Metcalf is always fun to watch. Unlike BOD, Weird Science and others it wont land in my personal collection but I admit, anytime its on cable I'm watching.

• Mar 16, 2019

One Crazy Summer tries really hard to be the next great screwball comedy. It's as if they said, "Remember all that fun we had filming Better Off Dead? Let's do that again! Just go crazy whenever the camera is rolling." There were some parts that made me laugh, but overall this is a ridiculous and forgettable movie.