Our Hospitality Reviews

• Feb 02, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Jan 15, 2018

1001 movies to see before you die. Keaton was a genius.

1001 movies to see before you die. Keaton was a genius.

• Jul 27, 2017

At a time when movies were trying to portray dramatic presentation like plays and novels, Keaton and Chaplin came to show us that movies can also appeal to us and be amusing to watch.

• Oct 29, 2016

One of the great movies from one of the most revered Silent great comedians. Want to know why? Watch this. Very funny, edge of your seat wonder.

• Sep 18, 2016

Classic Buster Keaton from 1923. This film is his take on Hatfields & McCoys, the feuding families. Inventive, hilarious and exciting. This film has it all. Definitely recommended!

• Nov 08, 2015

My favorite Keaton film!

My favorite Keaton film!

• Feb 23, 2015

Entertaining Keaton vehicle here. This one is a spoof of the Hatfield vs Mccoy feuds where Keaton plays an heir to the Mccay estate who comes home to find the Canfields ready to pick up the feud where it left off. Oh, did I tell you Keaton's fallen in love with one of the Canfields? This film has two main set pieces, that great train and the waterfall sequence, and mostly filler in between. That's actually atypical for most silent comedy features though.

Bryce I Super Reviewer
    Jul 29, 2014

While the film's indicates are slightly obvious, Buster Keaton's second feature is still a favourite of mine amongst the collection and dare I say, almost contests the ingenuity of Sherlock Jr. The characters are vibrant, the plot is hilarious and while the satire is dated, Keaton's slapstick is unique even amongst Chaplin and Lloyd's greatest work.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Jul 17, 2014

There are many amusing moments here (the bumpy train, the dangerous river ride, Keaton afraid of leaving his foes' house and be killed) and a good eye for props and elements (the dandy horse, the tunnel shaped like a train) that make this a funny, enjoyable comedy.

• May 19, 2014

I feel this could have been funnier. Should have had a longer dinner scene with an added grandmother character also in on trying to kill Buster (perhaps with poison in his food). Keaton apparently loves trains, though I feel the train sequence here is just mostly filler.