Out of the Ashes Reviews

• Feb 14, 2014

I cried so much...What a sad movieð~¢ð~¢ð~¢

I cried so much...What a sad movieð~¢ð~¢ð~¢

• Jul 05, 2013

A gut wrenchingly powerful, inspiring and horrific story of survival and heroism in Auschwitz concentration camp, this film shows conditions there more realistically than any other film I've seen, except for the films that the SS shot themselves. Christine Lathi was outstanding, and the script was powerfully emotive and literate. A superb production, and a must see to really try to understand what the victims of the Holocaust went through.

• May 15, 2012

This was a very powerful and touching movie. The Casting was spot on and the film just drew me in like I was there. This is one of the best memiors I have ever watched and it keeps you wanting more.

• Nov 06, 2010

Good story, aweful topic of course, but worth telling. Makes me think that sometimes people do things because they choose the best out of the worst. She did what she thought was right in an aweful period, and I do think she did the right thing.

• Jul 30, 2010

This is a stunning film about a doctor who attempts to emigrate to the USA following her horrific years in the Auschwitz concentration camp where she served aside the villianous Dr. Megele. When she is released and lands on American soil she is able to pass her medical boards with ease, but the Immigration Board gives her huge hassles regarding her U.S. citizenship based on erroneous information that she had been complicit in some of Megle's evil and sadistic experiments on Jewish prisoners at the Auschwitz camp. I found Ms. Lahti absolutely breathtaking in this role. I was (on the other hand) a bit disappointed with the casting of Beau Bridges and Richard Crenna as two of the three "immigration review board" members. These were quite minor roles, and it seemed somewhat of a waste of talent to cast them in these parts. This aside, the film was moving, engaging and enjoyable.

• Jun 13, 2009

Maybe a 3.5 star movie. True story of a Jewish Doctor who survived Auschwitz only to be accused of being a spy for the Nazis. She tells her story before a jury of three INS investigators and their mouths drop open and they see the sincerity and love this woman had for people. Its worth seeing that's for sure. Good feeling knowing someone who was not a doctor just for the money but actually to help people, great lady she was and deserved her own movie :)

• Feb 06, 2009

i really thought this movie was wonderful it explained alot about how it was in the camps and how it hurt so many people,

• Sep 08, 2008

Christine Lahti stars in this harrowing made-for-cable film based on the real-life story of Gisella Perl, a Jewish Hungarian doctor imprisoned in the notorious Auschwitz death camp of World War II.

• Aug 31, 2008

i would recommend you to watch this one....history!

i would recommend you to watch this one....history!

• Aug 10, 2008

A great performance by Christine Lahti who told the story of Gisella Perl, a Jewish-Hungarian doctor in Auschwitz. A very unique look at the concentration camp life and what people do to survive.