ParaNorman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

ParaNorman Reviews

May 14, 2017
A great family film with gorgeous stop motion animation whose message seems to often be oversimplified by its audience. There's a lot more there than just "bullying is bad."
March 7, 2017
La animación es espectacular como siempre, pero la historia es entretenida y no se queda allí, ya que los personajes juegan un papel muy importante y son divertidos, pero es un poco lenta.
February 21, 2017
It was a pretty good movie. It had a dark plot with lots of humor. It had really voice actors. Very predictable. The action didn't really match the storyline.
February 20, 2017
Crazy adventurous for me and my family
February 17, 2017
Paranorman is such a good movie
February 15, 2017
Excellently done. Funny characters all. Really fabulous but not as good as Coraline, storywise. There are some school overused clichs though. Here I noticed a lot of good humour with one other snag, the pilgrims are contrite. It makes it look like they whitewash their murder of past, and the witch is like evil but easily turned around. But it is a child film and there is humour in these facts as well.
February 15, 2017
½ January 4, 2017
Good one! Funny, scary, surprising, great voices!
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 20, 2016
The superb animation combines 3D stop-motion and CGI effects into a dazzling visual spectacle, but the plot drags with an irregular pacing and only occasional funny jokes. The result is an average experience that ends with a clichd message about how bullying is bad.
½ December 16, 2016
ParaNorman is a fantastic film from the studio of Laika, with beautiful animation and a morbid, yet at the same time heartfelt, story to go along with it. The third act is a well-crafted spectacle with a mixture of stunning special effects and a heartwarming resolution.
November 29, 2016
Much better than Coraline, this film has a lot of punch, and FANTASTIC animation(the best I have ever seen). The direction, camera work, are top notch... and the screenplay works very well. The ending is a bit cliche... but an overall VERY ENJOYABLE movie watch. See it 3-D before it leaves the theatre.
November 24, 2016
Great movie with beautiful animation and a lot of heart.
November 13, 2016
Paranorman is a visual treat. While it fails to make it's message truly resonant, the movie has a pleasing ammount of humor, while also managing to be entertaining (and touching) to both children and adults.
November 7, 2016
Gorgeous animation combined with a heartfelt story.
October 29, 2016
Pretty great animation. But it was sometimes frustrating to watch, and the voice acting wasn't always on par, and the humour wasn't really funny and also wasn't scary. I know I know its for kids so I'll give it that leeway. Also rather cliched. And the tone wasn't at all consistent. Better than Hotel Transylvania, not as good as Coraline or Frankenweenie. Charming though. Mildly amusing and entertaining.
½ October 8, 2016
Did not expect this to be half as good as it was. Seriously, it's incredible. Not all of the jokes completely work, but you'll more than forgive it by the time the INCREDIBLE climax happens. Between this and Coraline, Laika has surpassed Aardman as my favorite stop-motion studio, and indeed has become one of my favorite film studios period.
½ October 6, 2016
One of Laika's best! Some of the best stop-motion animation!
October 5, 2016
Bghbbgfhsshdddfffffddndhfrjfghgjgjgngmgmgmggjmggmgbjg tjntinrijrfjrfjrighrgijrifjrifjrifjrijfifjirjrjfrjfrinfrinfrnfirnfinrfnrfirnfrnfnirfnurfnurnfurnfurnffjrnffjfrffnfm
Fm,fmfkffjfkfmf ffkfkfmfmfmfmfmfmffmmfkffkffffffffjfjffjfskdkfjfjfjrejsjsjejejejejeejejeieopffjruhyrrhytyuyeguhoeeifnvregteirfjroyuyigifnvnv Fvbnrgffffcfddffffffffffffcfcffffggrtfff f. Vggggbbbffdddddddddddfffcccdddfffccsss
S

Elslslslslslslslslslslsltdd

PssssssssdddfggtshthtfbbfdfwdfjjdsuhdsnfXfdnesssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwessseeeeeeeweew
Spelled
S
September 19, 2016
I had every expectation that I was going to hate ParaNorman. First of all, I hate horror and zombies, so how could I possibly enjoy a movie that is almost entirely centered around those themes? Secondly, while I appreciate the meticulous craftsmanship that goes into stop-motion animation, I just don't like the look of it most of the time. So I started watching, and somehow this film leaped over those hurdles and genuinely charmed me. It totally took me by surprise that within this tale of horror lies a nice little film about the effects of bullying and how one can overcome the damage from being a victim. The characters were all unexpected and enjoyable. I particularly loved Norman's new-found friend Neil, and Neil's brother Mitch. Those two characters provided most of the big laughs for me. ParaNorman had more than a few funny moments, and continuously subverted my expectations. There's a surprise right at the beginning, and the film continued to give me little surprises throughout. There was even one particular moment (which I'd rather not spoil) where I was feeling a particular way about a scene and suddenly there is a shift and I realized that maybe I was rooting for the wrong thing all along. It's this kind of subversive plot that always pleases me, because so often screenwriters will utilize the same old tropes without breaking any new ground. ParaNorman is better than it has any right to be, and it's a movie that I will gladly recommend (although be warned that it's probably for older kids, because these dark themes might be a little scary for your little ones.)