Passengers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Passengers Reviews

½ July 24, 2017
The story has too many mistakes and the plot isn't good!
July 24, 2017
This isn't your typical movie, it isn't fast paced or drama at every single turn. It's more about the story, its moral dilemma and the romance two stranded characters find. If you liked Cast Away with Tom Hanks, then I believe you'll like this movie as it follows a similar model. Where the story came up short is that it should have and could have delved deeper into the moral dilemma Chris Pratt's character faces but overall I still thought it was a very enjoyable and encapsulating movie to watch.
July 24, 2017
Great movie. Critics always want to find evil in a character to make them want to see a movie. The selflessness of Chris Pratt character not wanting to be alone is really enough evil. Entertaining and fun to watch. I would watch again
July 23, 2017
Outstanding movie! Inspired characters. Waiting for sequels.
July 23, 2017
Passengers is about a couple who wake up too early from a long sleep and get a rude awakening! Jennifer Lawerence and Chris Pratt have a budding romance that will give you trilling experience! The action will have you at the edge of your seat! Loved the movie and you will too!
½ July 23, 2017
Despite its ridiculous premise, Passengers could have been great if it was told correctly with the proper tone. However, the film's unfocused storytelling and sloppy attempts to fit into multiple genres prevent it from carrying any emotional weight.
Basic, Boring, Blah....
July 23, 2017
I have watched it several times and each time I continue to enjoy it.
July 23, 2017
Really liked this, don't really understand why it got such bad reviews. I think you'd have to be very hard-hearted or cynical not to sympathise with his dilemma, and the way it's resolved is reasonably satisfying. Pedants might point out some stupidities, but OK, they aren't important for the story. I liked the references to Kubrick (The Shining, 2001), and obviously to Castaway.
July 23, 2017
Great movies!!! If I had listened to reviews I would have missed out. I watched it twice.
½ July 22, 2017
Bit of a mish-mash but not altogether bad. While it definitely has some sappy Rom-Com elements, it gets into some very non-fluffy stuff along the way and brings up some legit philosophical questions. Some deep stuff to think about. On an aside, this is the best performance I have seen by Jennifer Lawrence, far better than her 3 (?) Oscar noms. 6.6 out of 10
July 22, 2017
Love story, more than an action flick
July 21, 2017
Half space adventure, half romance. I think this is a intriguing idea that could executed much better. But if you like the actors, or well assembled productions, you will find much pleasure in this film. This film has layers and layers of meaning but they are never really graced upon.
July 21, 2017
could not get interested...felt forced and unnatural
½ July 20, 2017
For people who are honest enough to get by their own particularities on life, you will find the movie an undeniably intriguing thought experiment on human nature set in a futuristic sci-fi setting.
July 20, 2017
I enjoyed it. Which is what a movie is supposed to be. Enjoyable. So good for this movie. This movie really is fine. I don't think it's 31% bad. It's fine. I know I already said that.
July 19, 2017
Excellent movie. I'm a guy and I normally avoid any movie labeled partially as romance but both the actor and actress have performed well in other roles such as; Joy , Silver... , Guardians of Galaxy. Jennifer and Chris did a wonderful job. It was well worth our time watching Passengers. Thank goodness I don't review movies prior to watching a movie. I read some opinions from what I call their " rotten tomatoes senior critics " and I feel that most were way off and a couple were obviously and weirdly jealous of Jennifer Lawerence (one critic made comments about Jennifer's mildly good looks""). What does have to do with a professional review . Absolutely nothing. If I had read other critics reviews regarding Forest Gump many years ago I would missed an exceptional entertaining movie. That includes the other movies Chris and Jenn made as well. Way to go .
½ July 19, 2017
Creepy and thought provoking, Passengers doesn't deserve the hate it has been getting from critics.

The romantic chemistry is spot on, the setting is eerily futuristic, and the unique tone of the film is something that is not easily forgotten, or shaken off. It really makes the viewers delve into themselves and think about what they would do in that kind of situation, and the wan the characters interact in the film are both frighteningly realistic yet strangely touching.

And yes, the movie does have it's flaws, but, like every movie, not everything is perfect, even the characters. It expertly shows how we as humans are not perfect, and we struggle with things such as loneliness and insanity just as much as everyone else. Passengers really delves into what it means to be human, and how it feels to be truly alone.
Excellent movie! I would definitely recommend!
½ July 19, 2017
Good movie! Interesting concept...
July 18, 2017
J Lawrence does the usual strongwilled independent young woman she always does in all films. But it's Chris Pratt here a big revelation. His acting is impeccable and impressive; his eyes of guilt are heartbreaking.