Patrik 1,5, (Patrik Age 1.5) Reviews

• Jul 06, 2019

Another great foreign movie. I like how the gay side of it was not overly sexualized like with other movies. I didn't, however, see the need or reason for the Sven character to come back. An alcoholic, philandering individual that blatantly cheated on his husband during their seperation. I had hoped that the Goran character would have shed some of his pandering ways and gained some independence as a single parent. They could have done away with Sven (who never had any interest in Patrik except to watch him changing his clothes) during the ending and focused more on Patrik and Goran developing their father-son realtionship and ultimate succesful adoption.

• Feb 02, 2016

Such an adorably beautiful movie.I mean you could guess where this was heading to,but still it was such a welcome and nice surprise as movies of this genre go.Skarsgård and Ljungman were amazing in their parts,especially Skarsgård in portraying a family-oriented,ambitious young gay man.Honestly it was good from beginning to end.Instead of turning itself in a big cliche,it managed to discuss several important issues without being too loud about them and still had a definite core plot.I loved it!A beautiful example of modern European cinema!

• Aug 26, 2015

The tough back story of Patrik and the varied attitudes to the gay couple at the heart of the movie provide just enough grit to keep this film from being unbearably saccharine. In the end it's a predictable but solidly acted and directed heart warmer. I guess the gay theme earned it an extra half star from me, because I'm a gay man and it's just such a rare thing to find good quality gay themed films.

• Nov 20, 2014

Tv Cultura arrasando ;D

Tv Cultura arrasando ;D

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Nov 07, 2014

A sensitive and heartwarming drama that could have been easily filled with clichés and turned into a melodrama but is wise instead to develop its story in an always believable and sincere way, relying also on two adorable performances by Skarsgård and Ljungman.

• May 28, 2014

A mediocre cliché drama movie about a gay couple who wish to adopt a child and what they end up with isn't what they expected. You can start guessing from the beginning and you would hardly be wrong. The story is over-used and the producers knew it. Though taking the same story and the plot, they could have made something different. They clearly didn't intend to take on another way of telling it and what they have ended up with is a mediocre movie with acute dearth of ingenuity ; which has been stretched to its fullest using several sub-plots; which is repetitive and has unnecessary attempts at dramatizing coupled with mundane music and average acting. However, Tom Ljungman's great acting requires a shout out. This movie is not all that terrible and is not a terrible choice when you want to watch a light movie. But as a guy, I would prefer the adult scene of Blue is the Warmest Color to the ones in Patrik 1.5 even though I knew what to expect. This movie is what it was meant to be- safe bet and that's not exactly my favorite type. So you won't miss a great opportunity if you don't watch this movie but this would surely not be something new. Watch it if you want.

• Sep 14, 2013

É previsível? Sim, é previsível. Ser previsível torna Patrik 1,5 um filme ruim? Não, nem perto. O filme é divertido, e apesar de eu não acreditar muito que o Sven pudesse mudar, gostei do final "família perfeito" que inclui um cachorro e a Isabell. Eu honestamente achava que o Patrik seria um caso pior e realmente um jovem problemático, mas fica claro no filme que ele só nunca tinha encontrado uma família que gostasse realmente dele e um lugar onde que quisesse ficar. Discordo de que o filme é clichê e muito parecido com "The Kids Are All Right" e "Breakfast with Scot", os três filmes são diferentes entre si e Patrik 1,5 tem elementos que faltam nos outros dois.

• Jul 13, 2013

It's a great little dramedy from Sweden. Funny, touching, and very entertaining. I especially enjoyed following the daily, suburban lives of the characters as they happen in Sweden. It seems like foreign cinema has been ages ahead of portraying fully realized and diverse gay characters

• Apr 28, 2013

Das Cover auf Flixster ist sch..., der Film ist aber super. Hat mich sehr berührt. Zum immer wieder sehen :-)

• Apr 26, 2013

good movie just wish it was in english but regardless still a good movie with a happy yet comical ending... u think oh this will happen then no maybe not but please maybe maybe not oh idk lol then its like yay