Pinocchio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pinocchio Reviews

August 8, 2017
A true Disney classic where any wish can come true!
August 7, 2017
An absolutely amazing film with a message that touches the hearts of young and old alike! This film is a true classic and is one of Walt Disney's greatest milestones!
½ August 3, 2017
An andventurous story, with some of the greatest characters brought to life by Walt Disney, Pinocchio is another instant classic, that everyone should see and apreciate!

|It's an 8,5 out of 10|
July 23, 2017
Like The Emperor's New Groove, Pinocchio was one of those movies I would watch over and over again as a kid, and even though I'm an adult now, I still love it. Sure, it's darker than the average animated feature, but that's what I love about it though. It's not afraid to go dark and show the consequences of doing the wrong thing. But it also highlights the good stuff that happens when you do what's right. An instant animated masterpiece! I strongly recommend it for any fan of Disney!
½ July 18, 2017
How did I survive my childhood after watching this film? That being said, this is a terrific movie!
½ June 26, 2017
Pinocchio with it's gorgeous animation, fun songs, well written storyline, and outstanding animation continues Disney animation winning streak in an emotional fun way.
June 22, 2017
This Film Turned 75 Years Old In 2015.
June 11, 2017
Pinocchio Is A Classic Movie I Recommend Everyone Should Watch
May 27, 2017
I hope Netflix us will have this on streaming soon, :)
May 21, 2017
5/21/2017: First time watching this movie as an adult and thought it was just ok. It was probably a great film back in the day, but now just Meh.
½ May 17, 2017
Another wonderful Disney classic and fun for the kids
May 1, 2017
Ok I so do not think this is a good movie it's to creepy and in appropriate because the kids are drinking beer, they are smoking then they become animals and there was a swearword in that movie! So I do not recommend this movie
April 13, 2017
Hands down my favorite of Disney's early animated films and possibly my favorite of all time.

But seriously - who's the fucked up person who came up with bad boys mutating into donkeys? That shit is bananas.
March 19, 2017
It's quite an achievement to see such fantastic animation from 75 years ago when some film look worse today. Disney really knows its business when it comes to its visuals and Pinocchio comes with an engaging story and fun characters. Really the only real issue I have with this movie was all the boys turned into donkeys not being rescued in any way. I suppose this harsh fate for them is part of the message of the film but still, not exactly the upbeat feeling is left with you as with later Disney works, no matter that Pinocchio is turned into a real boy at the end.
March 16, 2017
Pinocchio is an average film that receives too much praise for its story and its musical score. While it is worth watching once, it is far from a classic and is not a film that one wants to watch over and over again in mesmerization.
½ February 27, 2017
Pinnocio is pretty great
February 21, 2017
It is indeed beautiful. And the songs are charming. I do feel the lead-up to Pinocchio being brought to life may be a bit long, though.
February 2, 2017
it's still an amazing classic
½ February 1, 2017
Jiminy Cricket finds himself at the home of Geppetto, a simple carpenter and toymaker. Geppetto is old and his only company is his cat, Figaro, and goldfish, Cleo. He has made a toy puppet, Pinocchio, and wishes that the puppet was a real boy. To his astonishment, this comes true. Pinocchio now sets about behaving like a real boy, with Jiminy as his guide and conscience, but the novelty of being a wooden boy soon attracts the attention of some unscrupulous characters.

Sweet, fun movie. Iconic too - one of the first movies you associate with Disney. Gave the world "When you wish upon a star", pretty much the Disney anthem.

Not perfect though. After a wonderful start it does degenerate into a rambling adventure from a point. Not quite as profound or emotional as some other Disney movies, eg Bambi.

Still a great watch though and ideal for all ages.