Pinocchio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pinocchio Reviews

August 17, 2016
¡Grande, vigente, divertida, infantil y adulta!
August 15, 2016
Pinocchio is a masterpiece with its memorable characters and dark tone!
August 12, 2016
Music was nothing special, though "I've Got No Strings" is pretty great. Some iconic characters make this movie great from Jiminy Cricket to Figaro the cat. The story gets a little uneven at times and it's hard to stay interested with such a scattershot plot but the movie has some great moments that make it a beautifully animated adventure.
August 12, 2016
Music was nothing special, though "I've Got No Strings" is pretty great. Some iconic characters make this movie great from Jiminy Cricket to Figaro the cat. The story gets a little uneven at times and it's hard to stay interested with a new character introduced every 20 minutes but the movie has some great moments that make it a beautifully animated adventure.
July 28, 2016
The craftsmanship and the magical sense of storytelling has made this film endure. Always a guaranteed pleasure to watch.
July 22, 2016
Still one of Disney's best. It is easily on par with Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Beauty and the Beast, as an example of the very finest this company has done.
July 7, 2016
It has characters that are lovable and memorable. It has a story with a great moral. It has songs that are catchy and unforgettable. And it has animation that is some of the best for its time.
July 5, 2016
It's the perfect Walt Disney film with the best memorable music, the plot special, the art gleaming and also safe by the song that live to its successor, "When You Wish Upon A Star". With a few more sings like "Give a Little Whistle", and "Hi Diddle Dee". It's a Classic that should see a sequel on or after the film becomes 80 Years Old in 2020.
May 31, 2016
Disney gives a charming film with amazing animation, dark moments, great music, lovable characters, and an investing plot, making it arguably the best Disney movie of all time.
May 7, 2016
One of the more underrated Disney productions, Pinocchio is the tale of a woodworkers puppet that comes to life when his wish is granted by the Blue Fairy, with a further opportunity to become a real boy if he can prove himself Brave, honest, and unselfish. With a title tune that is probably the most recognisable theme of all, this signifies Disney right from the off, with several other recognisable little ditties to capture ones joyful side to boot. This has elements of Tom and Jerry to it with the inclusion of the Wily Honest John and his sidekick, greedy villains who would do anything for money, and a mammoth whale that is the domineering king of the Ocean. It's a great story, and a bag of fun, although it's a strange plot when you consider that naughty boys get to smoke fags, and drink booze before turning into Donkeys, whilst Pinocchio's 'father' randomly turns out to have been swallowed at sea when out looking for him in the local village. The brains behind this clearly had a vivid yet wild imagination, but who's to knock it when it gets a reception like this?! It's comical without knowing it, and has a somewhat mature feel to it, emphasised by the conscience that is Jiminy Cricket. I hadn't seen this for a long time and you have to take your hat off when a film created in the 1940's feels as current as the modern day releases. Whatever background you're from, you really have to appreciate this, but be warned that it can make one feel rather nostalgic with its strong Disney vibe.
½ May 5, 2016
Pinocchio is Disney's second animated classic. It is praised everywhere and has some iconic moments. I first watched it when I was seven years old. I remember liking the movie despite it having some very scary moments. However, I watched it again as a teenager, and I noticed that this movie is quite messy, the story has faults and it is traumatizing for children. The scene where the kids turn into donkeys and are sent to the salt mines is a very creepy, eerie scene. But what makes it even worse, is you never know what happened to those boys. Pinocchio never goes back to save them, so they must have worked in a salt mine for the rest of their lives... Also, if your son went missing, would you say to yourself "Oh, I know. I'll take my cat and my fish, I'll fetch a boat and sail across the sea. My son obviously must have floated away in the sea. Where else would I bother to look? That's the first logical place that i would find him!" Who in the world does that? It also changes its main villain four times. It is quite ridiculous. It is also littered with some nightmarish images and threats. Yes, it does have a good moral, but you don't traumatize the kids into thinking that. It is almost like that Creepypasta story 'That's Where The Bad Kids Go'. Definitely one of Disney's worst animated classics.
April 27, 2016
This is my fav Disney classic. It's dark at times, but it teaches us that if you do the right thing and listen to our conscience or our Jiminy Cricket, then eventually you'll be rewarded for being good
April 12, 2016
This Film Turned 75 Years Old Last Year In 2015.
April 4, 2016
After watching this again, there were a lot of questions parts that I believe actually shouldn't have been shown to kids...
April 3, 2016
Pinocchio transcends its animation medium in more ways than one; it becomes a metaphor of the human condition. One of Walt Disney's definitive achievements.
March 27, 2016
Who doesn't like this movie?
½ March 26, 2016
Adorable, entertaining classic.
March 20, 2016
So after I reviewed Snow White a huge box office success, Pinocchio is the magical one. Why? Because when you wish upon a star, your dreams do come true. The song that Jiminy Cricket sings is absolutely beautiful. The characters are memorable, the songs are wonderful especially When you wish upon a star and am I the only who didn't think that this is one of Disney's darkest films? I mean, there are scenes that scared the kids like the kids turned into donkeys and sent to the mining shafts and... they never come back..... as BOYS!
The whale scene is fantastic. The chase scene is so thrilling and classy especially the death of Pinocchio is kinda sad and the blue fairy brings him back to life. Once again as I said it before, everybody is filled with joy. It is one of Walt Disney's masterpiece! And it's a must-see for people who haven't seen it but what can I say? They did! It's a movie to watch for anyone who's ever wished upon star.
March 19, 2016
Pinocchio is a well-crafted movie, that will please adults and childs, with its charming characters and with its delightful and creative story.
March 19, 2016