Pinocchio Reviews

• Oct 12, 2019

Adorable, well-animated and charming, Pinocchio beats the sophomore curse like no other.

• Oct 10, 2019

A classical entertaining masterpiece with great morals, fun characters, fun songs, dark elements, and continues to become a great legacy for all time.

• Oct 09, 2019

Wonderful animation, great story telling.

Wonderful animation, great story telling.

• Oct 04, 2019

All the animations, artwork and backgrounds are so beautiful, filled with detail and color. I don't know if it's just me and my cynicism, butI swear there's like subtle sexual innuendos in this movie. And I know Disney has a history of being controversial in the past with some of it's subtle mature material in movies. In this one, there's a lot of butt stuff. And how this old guy wishes for a wooden puppet boy to become alive, almost like a pedophile. And how when Pinocchio doesn't tell the truth, his nose grows longer and longer like a certain phallic organ. Apart from all the weird stuff, this movie is still relevant to this day. Not giving into temptation is hard and nowadays we still see kids dropping out of school or taking the easy way to money and success even if it means going against your beliefs and morals and essentially selling your soul just because a sly fox tells promises you. Another theme in the movie is the whole putting your child in show business and how much it can affect them. That whale is terrifyingly huge. There's a lot of morals and messages that the movie tries to get through to kids and adults and it does a really good job. Paradise Island was such a great concept. There's moments in this movie that are actually pretty frightening even watching now as an adult. Another great Disney classic.

• Sep 25, 2019

It's beautiful for a movie that came out in the 1940's. Has a somewhat mature / dark tone that can be missed when your a kid.

• Sep 24, 2019

One of the most groundbreaking traditional animation features of all time! nearly 80 years old and it still one Disney best movie and tale! Look at those technicals achievements for hand drawn animation and at this charming and dark story! Still a must see!

• Sep 22, 2019

Best cartoon ever made!

Best cartoon ever made!

• Sep 04, 2019

Pinocchio is a lovable puppet with a much beloved conscience who guides him on this story of trust, morals, and boundaries. The message in this movie is subtle but strong enough to get the point across. The horrifying body horror scene will stick with you long after the movie has ended. Disney strikes twice in a row with this masterpiece story of a puppet.

• Aug 27, 2019

Despite how dark it is at times, and its mature themes to today's standards, this Disney classic holds up extremely well. On top of that, it looks gorgeous.

• Aug 27, 2019

This is absolutely, without a doubt one of the best movies ever made. Keep in mind, this movie is only the second feature length animated movie. This is Walt Disney's masterpiece. It's filled with vibrancy and charm. It goes to dark places, and takes so many risks. For me though, every single one of them pay off. Pinocchio is so gullible and charming, and Jiminy Cricket is one of the best mentor characters ever put to film. I love this movie, because I actually care about these characters. They're written in a way that is unbelievably amazing, the script is phenomenal, and the incredible performances, help too. The musical numbers are fun and beautiful. This movie can shift emotions so easily, it goes from heartwarming, to heartbreaking. I remember as a young kid, I really didn't like this movie. It wasn't until I was age thirteen, that I recognized how beautiful this movie was. Everything about this movie is outstanding. If I were to recommend only five films, this would be one of them. Sheer cinematic bliss.