Pixels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pixels Reviews

½ March 24, 2017
Surprisingly not terrible. It's not great, but occasionally amusing and watchable. Maybe it's the bottle of wine I'd consumed or watching my 7 year old enjoy it.
½ March 20, 2017
Not sure why all the bad reviews. It was a movie I could watch with my child and we both enjoyed it. Obviously not a hilarious movie, but clever and fun!
March 19, 2017
Really has no one learnt the secret to success is NOT hire Adam Sandler?
½ March 18, 2017
Who was the intended audience for this film? It's an insult to old-school gamers, modern gamers, nerds, movie watchers, anyone with a brain...
½ March 14, 2017
i didn't laugh once. none. this was terrible.
March 13, 2017
Laughed all the way through this film
March 13, 2017
I paid $16 for this... 16 DOLLARS! This movie sucks.
March 8, 2017
Sucked ass... Period
March 3, 2017
The movie could been great except for the story but thank goodness for CGI cause the story was awful.
March 3, 2017
Though it's DEFINITELY not a good movie in my opinion, it's not bad either.
Sure, the characters are rather bland and the story doesn't really offer anything new, but the animation done on the video game characters are nice( As well as the rest of the visuals like the backgrounds look pretty good as well.), the characters are not ANNOYING, and the message about not cheating sounds nice in concept( If only the execution wasn't so terrible.)
For my first Adam Sandler movie, i'm honestly surprised by how... PASSABLE this movie is.
If i were an executive at Rotten Tomatoes, would i say that it got a rotten score?
Yeah, but not 3|10 levels of rotten (That would go to something like Ice Age 5 or The Wild Life.)
Story: 3|10
Visuals: 10|10
Characters 3|10
Overall: 5|10
February 28, 2017
It was very fun to watch this movie! I really enjoyed it
February 27, 2017
Good story and special effects, but bad performance and bad screenplay.
February 25, 2017
A
JOB IN THE MEANTIME, IF I CAN DO. THE BEST WESTERN AUSTRAAUSTRALIA AND YES LIA
½ February 24, 2017
A poor movie with barely any plot and the small plot it has is riddled with plot holes and bad jokes .
February 18, 2017
Really enjoyable. Surprisingly good story and great characters.
February 14, 2017
The CG and directing are the only things that gets this disappointment anything CLOSE to a good score. The acting is mediocre, but the writing is just EMBARRASSING and resorts to ridiculing its fucking audience for the sake of a joke. Plot developments have plot holes that are never addressed. This isn't a movie. It's CULTURAL VANDALISM.
½ February 14, 2017
It's an attempted homage to old video games, it's trying to follow the same path as what Wreck-It Ralph did, but it's shitty execution leads it to being an awkwardly paced and unfunny film.
February 13, 2017
It's actually a pretty funny movie, I have it on DVD! 2 thumbs up.
February 4, 2017
Wasnt as bad as critics said it was, and worth the watch.
February 3, 2017
Wow what a action packed funny movie starring Adam Sandler, Pieter Dinklage, Kevin James, Josh Gad. They are great in this movie they make me laugh a lot!! it's all about video games and if you like to play video games then see this movie!! It's game on or game over!! See the trailer to this movie!! I like Same Brenner, Eddie Plant they are my 2 favorite characters and Fir Blaster is cool he totally Tubular - cool!! So see this funny movie!! Remember it's game on or game over! The only thing I don't understand is why people are not for this movie!!! I'm all about this movie! I don't understand why critics only gave this movie 16% No way!!! Not in my book! I say 80% it's game on or game over!! Find out in this totally tubular!! Movie!