Pixels - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pixels Reviews

July 24, 2017
Columbus succeeds in creating a great homage to the arcade world long forgotten, it uses a great story to cement itself ideally as a cult classic in years to come. The issue is really with the casting, as much as I like Sandler he's dull and tired in this film. It would've served better with an older cast someone like Robin Williams would've been great but SONY need to sell and with Sandlers team they did just that. James is horrible, he isn't funny the jokes don't hit and his joke about being the president is tedious and runs throughout. Josh Gad is great and the strongest comedic relief, full of charm, charisma and thankfully he's engaging.
July 23, 2017
Not bad, fun, what it was supposed to be
July 22, 2017
Prefaced by the fact that the standard for an Adam Sandler movie has dropped significantly over the last decade... this movie was okay. There wasn't too much forced charisma from Sandler (tho the love sub-plot was a little annoying). The charm of he movie was the 80's references and video game characters (pixels) that kept me smiling. Alright movie to kill 90min.
July 17, 2017
Not sure why people disliked this movie so much? I saw the trailer and it told me pretty much what to expect. A fun movie to go see with your kids. Sure it was full of cheese, pretty slapstick, and definitely not deep or full of morals (which seems to be the must have for any serious children's movie nowadays).

Anyway glad my kids enjoy the same stuff as me and will watch again.
½ July 15, 2017
If I could give negative stars...
½ July 15, 2017
Well, some of the juvenile jokes were less bad than they could have been
July 13, 2017
It's a modern Adam Sandler movie, what do you expect?? Definitely not a masterpiece by any means but I enjoyed the concept and I thought that the backstory and context was cool. Not an Oscar-worthy film, but I enjoyed it!
July 12, 2017
Entretenida sin llegar a ser nada muy especial, algunas buenas puntadas y pacman vuelto loco, X
July 10, 2017
The script the director and the premise is a really good idea.
½ July 9, 2017
There is potential in Pixels. With the right people behind it, this could have been a fun, nostalgic film. Unfortunately it ended up in the hands of Happy Madison Productions, and with that, it's fate was sealed. In fairness, this isn't as bad as most of Adam Sandler's films but it's still pretty awful.

There are some pretty good moments in the film. The fight against Pac Man is entertaining enough and there are a couple of amusing jokes but for the most part, Pixels is just dull and unfunny. I'm amazed that Sandler and James - possibly the two least funny "comedians" working in Hollywood - are still stealing a living in the film industry and it's sad to see an otherwise good cast working alongside these two talentless fools.
July 5, 2017
Chris Columbus, el guionista de los clásicos de los 80 "Gremlins" y "Goonies", no ha podido destacarse como director: sus películas son basura tras basura, que a menudo recaudan millones en taquilla.

Adam Sandler es un cómico talentoso que ha decidido no retarse como actor y protagonizar basura tras basura, la cual a menudo recauda millones en taquilla.

Esta mezcla tóxica da como resultado "Pixels", una película de acción, comedia y ciencia ficción, en la que una invasión extraterrestre toma la forma de los videojuegos más populares de los 80.

Las nuevas generaciones de gamers quedarán perdidas entre tantos referentes ochentosos como Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Centipede o Burger Time. Los gamers de más de 40 saltarán de alegría al ver a sus olvidados personajes de consolas como Atari o Intellivision, saltar de la pantalla gigante gracias al 3D.

"Pixels" no llega a ser una buena película, pero tampoco es la basura a la que nos tienen acostumbrados Columbus y Sandler: es una entretenida cinta que mantiene el espíritu de las películas de los 80 que buscaban hacernos no pensar y pasar un rato entretenido.
June 25, 2017
Pixels is a good movie! If you like video games you may like this movie! Now they play old fashioned video games such as Centipede, pac- man, and donkey Kong as well as other games! The actors were great in this movie Adam Sandler, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage, and Kevin James. They where all great in this movie! It's a silly movie! Remember it's game on our game over!!
June 25, 2017
Warning, there are plot points in this review, whatever this is a movie you don't want to see anyway.

The movie disaster known as Pixels bombed our movie theaters in 2015 (in case you're dumb and have no idea what this film is), and boy its bad. The timeline is all over the place, Kevin James is the president, they sent the video of people completing in video games competition (in 1982) and somehow the aliens thought it was war, the aliens know who Madonna is, Lady Lisa (a video that a person in the movie loves), and the whole script and premise felt like it was written by a nerd 80's kid dream. It's not the worse Adam Sander movie ever but skip this one, it's not funny at all and please for my sake, don't watch Pixels.
½ June 25, 2017
I actually liked this movie. Just fun.
June 11, 2017
A funny home comedy, with old school game icons.
June 10, 2017
BEST MOVIE EVER I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE HATE
June 9, 2017
Is it a bad sign that a great director like Chris Columbus directed such an atrocity?
June 7, 2017
this movie feels really lazy its trying to be funny but then you jest end up bored there are a few funny moments but honestly this movie is awful that you most likely that you will forget about in a week
June 6, 2017
If you are under the age of 18 you might struggle understanding this movie. The outdated jokes and the disrespect to the militaries video gaming skills make this movie up. Also lets not forget sexualizing poor cubert. This movie lacks any good jokes, however; we can give it the thumbs up for telling you not to cheat in life. Oh lets also not forget who is president in the movie.
June 1, 2017
Just when you thought Adam Sandler had run out of things to ruin.