Pootie Tang Reviews

• Sep 08, 2020

Must see absurdity. Creating a character that's too cool for words is genius. While the plot is ambiguous at best, the characters and absurd jokes make this one worth a watch.

• Jul 18, 2020

This movie deserves a sequel

This movie deserves a sequel

• Jul 03, 2020

A skits worth of material made into a long film.

A skits worth of material made into a long film.

• Jun 18, 2020

There wasn't anything I absolutely hated in this as it was obvious from the beginning that the intent was to be as dumb as humanly possible without coming off as an obnoxious waste of time and I think they accomplished that. What they didn't do was pull many laughs out of us as the whole thing came off like some very successful tv comedy writers were given a high budget and creative control but they blew it off and didn't take it seriously. It seems like Louis could easily have come up with some good movies since this one had it not tanked so hard. The music was good & Wanda's character was chuckleworthy.

• May 23, 2020

It's a mess but it's funny and enjoyable most of the time. Great performances from very funny people. I've watched it at least ten times.

• Apr 28, 2020

Not the smoothest movie ever, but it's pretty funny

Not the smoothest movie ever, but it's pretty funny

• Apr 19, 2020

Cole me down on the panny sty Lee ba Time. Don't bane the dillies!

Cole me down on the panny sty Lee ba Time. Don't bane the dillies!

• Apr 07, 2020

What brought this under the radar, and most importantly why? Only took me 50 minutes to watch this "spiritual successor" to "Battlefield Earth" in terms of being a year's cinematic lowest with zero dignity and mindless storytelling that's best muted and skimmed without damaging the simple-minded plot. Or better yet, should've remained as a sketch since the total comedy is around a minute. (D)

• May 24, 2019

This film is just silly. A skit from Chris Rock's TV show is good for laughs. Nonsense and hilarity running amuck; a cult classic.

• Feb 23, 2019

Shame on Doug Abel and David Lewis Smith.

Shame on Doug Abel and David Lewis Smith.