A Price Above Rubies Reviews

• Mar 13, 2016

Did watch this one 2 years ago or so ....yesterday in ffw 25 minutes . Just Soso . SOMDVD

• Jan 27, 2014

Despite the well known actors, there was way too many problems in the plot! I wasn't sure if I was following a divorce, Jewish traditions, affair, or career driven woman! However, I can understand and respect a woman wanting to break away from tradition! What was with her brother?? Was she the only one who could see him? Did her soul leave her body to do so? Kind of confusing! Glad she found her strength and independence! Overall well directed and intriguing movie!

• Dec 22, 2013

My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.

My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.

• Nov 24, 2013

This sounded interesting to me... I insert the dvd, and find out it's in my hometown of Boro Park... then I'm looking at the lead male... its my former theatre troupe member, Glen Fitzgerald! This was an eyeopener for me; I know every ethnicity has all types... but this went into it deep... really liked... Renee Zellweger was awesome, and the ending message was terrific!!

• Jul 12, 2013

A Price Above Rubies is a boring film. It is about a young woman who is married to a devout Jew and the problems that trouble their marriage because of the woman wanting something more out of her life. Renee Zellweger and Glenn Fitzgerald give terrible performances. The script is badly written. Boaz Yakin did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Jun 19, 2013

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img]

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img]

• Mar 12, 2013

Had some good moments, but sloppy script filled with cliches ruins it. ......

Had some good moments, but sloppy script filled with cliches ruins it. ......

• Jan 27, 2013

A great concept, except it leaves you hanging just like Sonia's life up to that moment.

• Aug 10, 2011

Beautiful film, shows exactly how religion can be used to entrap women, and stop free thinkers from asking questions, or living life through their own free will. Male dominance is shown through out the film, with women that stand behind them. I love how Renee's character stands up for herself.

• Jun 14, 2011

Reminded me a bit of Holy Rollers with the Look Inside the Hasidic Community & Customs & Someone Struggling with that