Prime Evil Reviews

• Sep 12, 2015

Roberta Findlay's low budget Satan-worshipping yarn set in '80s NYC is just so damned earnest and straight forward, I was won over by the good intentions that it had and kinda looked the other way at the budget and acting issues that it might have. Rental.

• Mar 25, 2015

wow, just wow. this movie. it came in a pack of 20 movies for 5 dollars so i wasn't expecting much. it's up there with some of the best so-bad-they're-good movies. the whole time it just keeps coming up with new ways to confuse you and make you go wow how am i still watching this and why am i entertained. would definitely recommend.

• Mar 04, 2014

A bit flashy, dumb, and pretty confusing. The characters are pretty unlikeable and the action is pretty mild. The ending gets dull and the overall plot itself isn't much special.

• Oct 21, 2013

How does this lame movie wind up in a set with drive-in type of movies from the 60's and 70's? Prime Evil is a dud but has some unintentional laughs.

• Mar 02, 2013

The ultimate guilty pleasure.

The ultimate guilty pleasure.

• Dec 25, 2012

Some films are bad. Other films are in a realm unto themselves. This film is so bad it kind of transcends the normal categories "good" and "bad" and emerges into the realm of a new kind of entertainment. The story is actually pretty okay, which makes the film pretty easy to watch. The actors ... Many of them can't deliver simple lines with anything approximating the proper timing or even the right punctuation. You'd swear that English couldn't be a language they're used to speaking, but their lack of accents betrays them. The film violates the normal laws of space and time. Characters teleport across the room mid-scene. Time speeds up and slows down during action scenes. The film clearly does not come from our universe. I wanted to hate it. I couldn't hate it. I felt like I was being blessed by seeing what films look like in alternate universes. God bless you Roberta Findlay.

• Nov 30, 2012

72% You must not be fooled. They will be masquerading as priests, nuns, Bishops, their heresy knows no bounds."-Bishop McCabe (Phil Murphy) Sacrifice count: 5 (not including the sect members)

• Sep 02, 2012

Five stars for being so awful it almost reaches the bar set by Mano: The Hands of Fate.

• Jul 11, 2012

Terrible but hilarious. The Devil himself is revealed to be a puppet that looks like Alf with a beard, but older, pinker and more cheaply made. People stand around while their friends are beheaded, patiently waiting for the same thing to happen to them. Cinematic gold.

• Sarah P Super Reviewer
    Nov 04, 2010

Ehhh. I sort of wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. Wouldn't watch this again.