Red Sands Reviews

• Jan 29, 2016

This was the worst ever. One of the absolute worst films that I have ever seen in my life and intensely boring, I was constantly struggling to watch this film without falling apart. The plot makes no sense at all, regardless of the textual beginning. It doesn't explain anything and the characters are just weird and annoying, you don't really care for anyone except for maybe the weird, awkward, and not girl. Everyone is overly angry or has issues and I don't even know what they were trying to go for. A really terrible was drama with a curse? There's quite a few of these horror, monster angle Iraq / Afghan middle-east war films. It's a really awkward sub-genre. Most of those other ones did better than they did here.

• Jun 06, 2014

Not a bad story, but it wasn't really scary enough, therefore it's just not quite there!

• Apr 05, 2013

Oh dear, nice idea very poorly excecuted.

Oh dear, nice idea very poorly excecuted.

• May 30, 2012

I really really am not sure what I just spent an hour and a half watching. US Soldiers in the desert stir up something evil. . way to go guys!

• Mar 07, 2012

Just boring except some scenes

Just boring except some scenes

• Dec 02, 2011

Don't waste your time.

Don't waste your time.

• Sep 09, 2011

On the plus side it has West, Simmons and Blue in the cast list which is good as I like all three. It could have been really good if done correctly but it wasn't, I liked the staff sergeant going mad, paranoia is always a great thing in a movie. The idea of djinn's was cool but they looked absolutely ridiculous, cool scene with West being dragged through the sand though but all in all its a very poor film.

• May 10, 2011

A very bog standard horror/thriller that feels like a low budget attempt to be "Event Horizon". A group of unconvincing characters wander around two or three small sets whilst being "haunted" by visions. The "monster" isnt very scary or effective and in the end, it's quite hard to figure out what is going on. Shane West is bland as the movie's leading man whilst TV stalwarts Callum Blue and Theo Rossi are left with nothing to work with. Best avoided like Djin

• Mar 01, 2011

A squad of American soldiers are stationed in a remote part of Afghanistan when one of them uses an ancient statue for target practice, unknowingly unleashing a Djinn. They soon hole up in an abandoned building, where their communication system goes down and an unknown Arab woman comes out of the desert storm. After her discovery, strange things start to happen to the soldiers, causing them to hallucinate. <i>Red Sands</i> was a surprisingly good psychological film. Each character deals with his own fear and we're subjected to the slow deterioration of their psyches. The Djinn doesn't become readily available to us until the end of <i>Red Sands</i> and when it does, it sort of throws off a weak vibe. Luckily, it only appears on the screen for about half a minute. Most of the killing comes from the soldiers on eachother, which sort of makes the appearance of the Djinn kind of useless. The audience wouldn't have noticed the difference if it made itself completely scarce. Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed the difference. Each character kept the film in a steady-pace and wasn't rushed in the slightest. I was thoroughly intrigued with the whole layout of the film until the final scene came into play which provided a nice little twist to the storyline. Granted, it was a bit predictable, but nonetheless, a fine ending to an interesting film.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Feb 17, 2011

I liked Dead Birds so I was hoping to like Red Sands.It started out alright but then turned into a Sci Fi Channel movie.I was hoping it would be good but I think the crappy looking demon ruined it for me & I just lost interest