Reviews

• Jun 19, 2012

If you enjoy both movies and traveling then I think you will really be engaged by this film.

• Dec 23, 2011

Following dreams when things simply don't always work out to your advantage.

Following dreams when things simply don't always work out to your advantage.

• May 19, 2011

Overlong but intermittently fascinating documentary about indie film producer John Pierson, who uprooted his family for one year to open and operate a movie theatre in remote Fiji. What sounds and begins as rather cutesy turns out to be a rather tense, layered exploration of culture clash.

• Jun 04, 2010

A documentry about a family who moves to fiji for a year and run a movie theater to show american free movies. It is actually more of a family drama than it appears. There are many parts that are interesting like the teenage daughter going through a rebelious stage and envious of the locals.

• Feb 09, 2010

Fabulous little documentary about a man who ventured to Fiji to display free movies to the public over the course of a year and the troubles he encounters doing so. Really gripping and entertaining to say the least.

• Jan 16, 2010

documentary about a family who moves to Fiji to run a movie theater. He shows them free to the public and runs both mainstream and independent movies. They showed Jackass to them one night and the crowd loved it.

• Aug 09, 2008

Very fascinating documentary a cultural clash between a neurotic somewhat angry Manhattanite and some Fijians.

• Jul 29, 2008

I really liked this documentary. Great story, fun characters, pretty dynamic for the most part. A relatively light documentary, something that can be enjoyed by most people.

• Jul 28, 2008

Even though I didn't see this movie from the beginning (I never do watch movies on cable from the beginning..), I still enjoyed it very much. The story is engaging, and so are the characters, if you can call them that. The movie left me 1) wishing I could know where all these people are today, and 2) hoping one day I'll get to live an experience as great as the one this film documents. I'm sure it was life changing, not only for the visitors of the island, but also for the natives, and I don't think any of them will ever forget each other.

• Jul 18, 2008

A wonderful snapshot of John Pierson and his family, showing free movies in a remote island in Fiji. The doc covers much more than free cinema; it's a look at humanity in many ways. We see a family transplanted to a whole new culture and way of life; as well as a microscope of sorts on the island itself and its people. It's intriguing to see how these people are affected by the movies and how the culture reacts to the family living there.