Resident Evil: Degeneration Reviews

• 5d ago

The plot and characters are typical RE with plenty of over the top devastation, zombies and unstoppable bioweapons. The animation is good, although the characters are a bit wooden and doll-like and the action scenes are exciting, although I was expecting more of them rather than the heavier focus on RE lore and politics. There's hardly any horror and it was weird hearing it all in Japanese when both the characters and setting is American, but the music is good and I liked the use of first person shots during some of the scenes.

• Mar 23, 2021

I'm not a big fan of Resident Evil as Movies but when I saw this movie at my local library, I gave a swing at it. The movie was good, it had a good Understanding story. It was good.

• Jun 22, 2020

Fun movie that does what the live action films fails to, actually make a Resident Evil film and respect the source material.

• Mar 21, 2020

I'd love to see more Resident Evil movies like this. It has it's share of cheesy plot points, but it was more familiar and fun to watch than any of the live-action RE movies. One of the better straight-to-DVD movies I've seen lately.

• Jan 31, 2020

it was ... kind of bland. for being an action movie, there wasn't much going on. the G-virus was pretty much exact as it was for william birkin, and i would have liked to see a different kind of mutation than just the big arm. leon flirting was really forced in? a lot of this movie was "people standing around and talking to eachother".

• Nov 23, 2019

The movie is kinda dumb, but as a Resident Evil fan, I somewhat enjoyed watching it. Wouldn't really recommend it, and less so for non RE fans and zombie haters. If you have nothing to do and want to pass some time, give it a go.

• May 04, 2019

Well...watching resident evil is definitely not as thrilling as playing...and this story is pretty hollow too

• Nov 14, 2018

Adaption: Grade A Faithful of Source: Yes Faithful of Characters: Yes

Adaption: Grade A Faithful of Source: Yes Faithful of Characters: Yes

• Jan 19, 2018

this is true resident evil which follows the games properly, not like terrible live action films which are so bad it should be rebooted

• Jul 01, 2017

Clunky story, clunky animation, but it looks great as long as no one is moving.

Clunky story, clunky animation, but it looks great as long as no one is moving.