Ricky Reviews

• Nov 17, 2016

I had no idea what this movie was about before watching it, so the wings were a bit of a shock, and I thought the plot had taken a terrible nose-dive at that point. (No pun intended.) But as it went on I realised that it lined up with what I thought was happening at the start, if you keep the opening scene in mind and take the events more as a representation of a woman's justification for her actions than the movie's literal reality. It's still not the greatest film ever made, but it's pretty cool as an exercise in subtextual plot.

• Apr 10, 2015

Sometimes interesting but it never quite gets there.

Sometimes interesting but it never quite gets there.

• Nov 12, 2014

• May 01, 2014

Really interesting film.

Really interesting film.

• Feb 19, 2014

An odd little film about a baby with wings! I was enthralled with the film even though it seemed to have no message or purpose! François Ozon likes to take things of a provocative nature and dump it in her films and let the character's and audience's react! Perhaps the message was simply this... sometimes babies are born to people whom are not prepared for the responsibility! If the baby had been a normal baby I don't believe the family would have been any more prepared or ready for that responsibility then they were for the winged Ricky! The mother and father barely knew each other, both are stressed with work and juggling all those other stresses that come with life! The last thing either one of them needed was a baby! The daughter obviously mature for her age, however the advanced wisdom wasn't a gift so much as a necessity to survive when you live in a state of neglect! If the mother had given birth to a normal baby it too would of suffered neglect. So François Ozon gave her a baby that by virtue of wings could simply fly away! Literally empowered the baby with the gift of flight thereby preventing it from having to pay the price for its irresponsible parents mistakes!

• Dec 20, 2013

The story begins in gritty realism, ends in pure fantasy and leaves out most of the alphabet as it makes its way from A to Z.

• Nov 14, 2013

Beautiful Baby... Stupid Movie!

Beautiful Baby... Stupid Movie!

• Aug 17, 2013

A creative and amusing story about a family with a baby who sprouts wings. I enjoyed it all the way up until the end where I expected some sort of resolution, or cute payoff, or some explanation why the baby had wings...but nothing! Very disappointed in something that had such great performances and so much promise.