Role Models - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Role Models Reviews

½ November 8, 2016
Surprisingly reasonable.
October 1, 2016
Slow beginning. To me, the movie gets more interesting after the second half.
September 9, 2016
Good film. Some very funny lines ha. Defo worth a watch.
½ August 27, 2016
Another pretty good comedy featuring the slight-witty styles of Paul Rudd and a cool younger appearance of Chris Mintz-Plasse. While the looks of Kiss were pretty top notch humor, there were also several other things to snicker at (Rudd - "One time I crapped my pants in front of a girl I was nervous of"). The title of course fits well with the comedic storyline and it was overall another pretty decent hilarity out there.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Brilliantly funny comedy Sean and Paul play their parts well but I must admit it's Bobb'e J that shines in this film he's really funny and cocky.
½ July 28, 2016
Just watch it for the lapring scenes / Jane Lynch and ignore Sean William Scott
½ July 22, 2016
Role Models' funny streak is uneven to say the least, but with the help of some crude hits and a solid cast, it manages to pull itself together by the end.
July 12, 2016
It's a bromance comedy that doesn't always work but Seann William Scott and Paul Rudd do more than enough to make up for any flaws the film has.
July 3, 2016
"You white? Then you Ben Affleck." You not love Role Models? Then you not like funny things. Perfect cast, hilariously rapid-fire one-liners, sweet...would desperately love to see Wain do a sequel.
June 27, 2016
You never know what you're going to get with these kinds of movies.  They could be horrible like Step Brothers or they could be actually funny and enjoyable like Pineapple Express.  The latter is what you get with Role Models.  Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott say their lines so fluidly it's almost as if they weren't lines at all but actual dialogue between two very funny friends.  Jane Lynch is also quite humorous in this flick but I like her no matter what she does.  I've included some lines of dialogue for your benefit but before I do I want to highly recommend this.
"I like to rock n' roll all night and part of every day."
"You know what I used to have for breakfast? Cocaine. Know what I had for lunch?  Cocaine."
"What did you have for dinner?"
"Was it cocaine?"
"No, venti is twenty. Large is large. In fact, tall is large and grande is Spanish for large. Venti is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages."
Watch the Bloopers for the Of Mice and Men shout out.
"I hate your face"
"While I got you here in my personal space."
June 25, 2016
If you read the cast you can expect what you're getting into.
½ June 13, 2016
Role Models is a pretty bad movie. The movie tries for comedy, but it doesn't have any. This is Paul Rudd's worst movie ever. I was very disappointed in this movie hearing everyone say it was a great movie. I would not suggest this movie.
May 17, 2016
82%
Saw this on 16/5/16
Despite being covered in formula, role models still manages to be entertaining thanks to its crude, adult comedy and a charming cast.
May 15, 2016
Not bad but not great either, Role Models does not do much to break from the typical American comedy movie. The cast did a great job with their roles (especially Jane Lynch and Bobb'e J. Thompson) but otherwise, there's really nothing new here
½ May 8, 2016
It's very conventional but David Wain still manages to sneak his original humor in here. The film is at its best when pointing out the ridiculousness of larping while at the same time naturally managing to find a heartfelt relationship between Paul Rudd and Christoper Mintz-Plasse's character because of what the game brings to his life, as well as an amazing performance by 12-year-old Bobb'e J. Thompson. Seann William Scott is Stifler here and I don't think was the best casting decision or well-written part to make the film stand out enough.
March 29, 2016
Not amazingly laugh out loud but then again I only laugh out loud at Jackass. I never fully expect to laugh at a comedy, I sometimes am just happy with them being nice, a bit like Flight of the Conchords. So I can never really judge a comedy by how much a actually LOL so to spea.

Anyway, Role Models was pretty much feel good all the way through, loads of funny scenes and good lines, the whole LARP business is ripe for the picking and I was glad they didn't bash it as that would be rather predictable and boring. Sean William Scott was really good in it and makes me wonder why he hasn't done more "big" comedy films.

Well worth a watch, especially for the awesome Kiss make up.
March 6, 2016
Really nice, feel good comedy, pretty funny, nice original story, great script and neat performances.
½ February 1, 2016
The funniest movie I've seen so far this year - far better than the overrated "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." It's hilarious and surprisingly uplifting, dealing with acceptance and individuality with the least possible amount of ham-handed schmaltz. I loved it.
½ December 21, 2015
Sean William Scott and Paul Rudd complement each other well in a movie that provides plenty of laughs.