Role Models - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Role Models Reviews

July 29, 2017
Yes, crude humor is the word, but it saw funny and charming in its way, as is Paul Rudd in this flick.
June 13, 2017
A solid effort, with a great cast, but it just doesn't have the laugh out loud moments it should. The kids might be the best part, the little black guy being so vile and violent makes the film.
Rudd and Scott are awkward together, and it doesn't help, Rudd is mostly depressing, and Scott is again being his "Stifler" character, to decent effect, but it's getting old.
There are some good gags and jokes, mostly from the pop culture elements (Kiss, the fake Wings song), and the small roles of now more famous actors have some merit, but overall, it's a forgettable film (but one of Derek's favourites, so who knows, I may watch it again someday).
Watched on Netflix at home, June 11, 2017.
June 2, 2017
finally a comedy who actually makes me laugh ! I really enjoyed this one and would recommend it ... seems low budget and there isnt big special effects . the script and the actors are just really good and they all work well together
February 10, 2017
A well made, funny, well acted comedy. The laughs are more common in this than most other comedies and Paul Rudd and Seann William Scott's chemistry was spectacular.
January 20, 2017
A few chuckles here and there but pretty insipid.
½ November 8, 2016
Surprisingly reasonable.
October 1, 2016
Slow beginning. To me, the movie gets more interesting after the second half.
½ August 27, 2016
Another pretty good comedy featuring the slight-witty styles of Paul Rudd and a cool younger appearance of Chris Mintz-Plasse. While the looks of Kiss were pretty top notch humor, there were also several other things to snicker at (Rudd - "One time I crapped my pants in front of a girl I was nervous of"). The title of course fits well with the comedic storyline and it was overall another pretty decent hilarity out there.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Brilliantly funny comedy Sean and Paul play their parts well but I must admit it's Bobb'e J that shines in this film he's really funny and cocky.
½ July 28, 2016
Just watch it for the lapring scenes / Jane Lynch and ignore Sean William Scott
½ July 22, 2016
Role Models' funny streak is uneven to say the least, but with the help of some crude hits and a solid cast, it manages to pull itself together by the end.
July 12, 2016
It's a bromance comedy that doesn't always work but Seann William Scott and Paul Rudd do more than enough to make up for any flaws the film has.
July 3, 2016
"You white? Then you Ben Affleck." You not love Role Models? Then you not like funny things. Perfect cast, hilariously rapid-fire one-liners, sweet...would desperately love to see Wain do a sequel.
June 27, 2016
You never know what you're going to get with these kinds of movies.  They could be horrible like Step Brothers or they could be actually funny and enjoyable like Pineapple Express.  The latter is what you get with Role Models.  Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott say their lines so fluidly it's almost as if they weren't lines at all but actual dialogue between two very funny friends.  Jane Lynch is also quite humorous in this flick but I like her no matter what she does.  I've included some lines of dialogue for your benefit but before I do I want to highly recommend this.
"I like to rock n' roll all night and part of every day."
"You know what I used to have for breakfast? Cocaine. Know what I had for lunch?  Cocaine."
"What did you have for dinner?"
"Was it cocaine?"
"No, venti is twenty. Large is large. In fact, tall is large and grande is Spanish for large. Venti is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages."
Watch the Bloopers for the Of Mice and Men shout out.
"I hate your face"
"While I got you here in my personal space."
June 25, 2016
If you read the cast you can expect what you're getting into.
½ June 13, 2016
Role Models is a pretty bad movie. The movie tries for comedy, but it doesn't have any. This is Paul Rudd's worst movie ever. I was very disappointed in this movie hearing everyone say it was a great movie. I would not suggest this movie.
May 17, 2016
82%
Saw this on 16/5/16
Despite being covered in formula, role models still manages to be entertaining thanks to its crude, adult comedy and a charming cast.
May 15, 2016
Not bad but not great either, Role Models does not do much to break from the typical American comedy movie. The cast did a great job with their roles (especially Jane Lynch and Bobb'e J. Thompson) but otherwise, there's really nothing new here