Royal Deceit (Prince of Jutland) Reviews

• Dec 01, 2016

Barking Batman.... literally

Barking Batman.... literally

• Apr 06, 2015

Prince of Jutland is an okay film. It is about the re-telling of Hamlet based on the original Danish material. Christian Bale and Helen Mirren give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Gabriel Axel did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.

• Aug 03, 2014

Nothing really can get better, if one is looking for cinematic disaster

Nothing really can get better, if one is looking for cinematic disaster

• Mar 11, 2014

There's nothing wrong with this Danish story. Hard to believe it's an Academy Award winner who has directed. I like Tom Wilkinson and the young Bale. And - no - SHAKESPEARE DID NOT WRITE THIS STORY. He was born 500 years later - at least, and borrowed it from Saxo Grammaticus.

• Aug 05, 2013

This is not the best adaptation of Hamlet, but the strength of the cast performances makes an otherwise dull movie rather enjoyable.

• May 17, 2013

People often get it backwards, this isn't a retelling of Hamlet. This is the danish story that hamlet is loosely based on. It is a reflection of the simpler viking narrative, not the complex narrative of the Henry Tudor's royal bard William Shackespere.

• May 17, 2013

[center][size=5]Royal Deceit [img]http://content6.flixster.com/photo/11/07/54/11075428_gal.jpg[/img] [/size][left]Royal Deceit stars two favorite actors of mine, Christian Bale and Kate Beckinsale. You can tell it's earlier on in there careers and is the first of two times they have worked with each other, the second being another small movie called Laurel Canyon. You wouldn't really know it from the title but this is actually an adaptation of Hamlet. Bale of course playing the lead role. Beckinsale has a very small part and you really don't see that much of her until the the very end of the movie. I've read my fair share of Shakespeare plays but for some unknow reason I have never read or seen any interpretation of it until this movie. What I do know is that this film isn't an exact adaptation cause their is more of a happy ending then from the play itself. The film itself was ok, there are probably better version to choose from then this one. Which is a shame cause it does have a very talented cast who did there jobs the best that they could do. [/left] [/center] [center][img]http://media.movieweb.com/prod/Y/s/u/DVpO4rpt1E0Ysu_l.jpg[/img] [/center]

• May 17, 2013

[url="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/royal_deceit/dvd.php?select=3"][img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/12/212612.jpg[/img][/url] No way Christian Bale can save this film from my low rating. Pretty cheesy. He was good though. Kate Beckinsale is somebody I could watch for a very long time. Cox was good as her father. Byrne sucked. The fight scenes were pretty amateurish at best. Plenty of breasts for lovers of them.

• Nov 23, 2012

For a film with such good actors, the acting is pretty lame.

For a film with such good actors, the acting is pretty lame.

• Oct 15, 2011

The movie re-tells a well beloved story by going at it by the roots in order to give it a fresh spin...t he wonderful cast of British (and Irish) stars can be applauded for endorsing what must have been a modestly budgeted film..of course it is not Shakespeare, but it sheds new light on the Hamlet play by exploring the legend that inspired the bard to choose it as story material...for fans of history and drama !!!