Ruby Reviews

• Nov 03, 2018

I created a Rotten Tomatoes account just to write this review. I can't believe this movie has an 80% on here. Don't believe these goofball critics - Ruby is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

• Dec 05, 2015

Young mute daughter starts speaking in the voice of her father, who was murdered 16 years earlier in a mob hit. Several former mobsters at the girl's mom's legitimate drive-in business die in mysterious deaths. A paranormal psychologist tries to piece the phenomena together. Scenes copied from The Exorcist added to the entertainment value.

• May 04, 2015

Paranormal activity surrounds a Florida drive-in where a mobster was executed in a nearby swamp and returns for revenge using his now 16 year old daughter as a medium. It seems strange that Ruby hires her boyfriend's killers to help out at the drive-in after they get out of prison. Borrows elements liberally from THE EXORCIST toward the end. United VHS release disappointingly features the tv version with conversational scenes replacing those with violence.

• Oct 10, 2014

atmospheric horror not as generic as the standard for the genre,nice touches throughout loved the scene with ruby being whispered over the speaker system in the empty drive in,Piper Laurie is as Bananas as usual

• Apr 12, 2014

Another quickie knock-off in the bag--It doesn't work!!

Another quickie knock-off in the bag--It doesn't work!!

• Sep 20, 2013

This was something of a low-rent Exorcist riff that really never gets scary, nor does much beyond some campy melodrama for my tastes. It's fairly forgettable, but if you're just dying to check it out I suppose I'd give it a *slight* rental recommend... Rental?

• Jul 13, 2011

Classic horror methods are applied well by Harrington here, despite the low-budget poltergeist effects via micro-filament looking highly ridiculous at times. The "Hysterical Arch" during the main possession sequence was enjoyable to see in the context of The Exorcist's cut scene, as is Piper Laurie vamping it up as an ex-moll. It's not as inspired as much of Harrington, more than a bit workmanlike & not as packed with classic Hollywood actors in the support area as usual - not to mention the tacked-on ending. Still worth seeing, as is much of his television work.